Favorite activities?

Options
liz_steinborn
liz_steinborn Posts: 27 Member
I like mall walking, attempting to jog (couch to 5K type thing), and playing Just Dance on the Kinect. I'm best for morning workouts, but otherwise it has to be immediately after work so I don't just plant my butt on the couch.

Replies

• patandy32
    patandy32 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm a working mom so I have my exercise routines on DVDs. I have ZUMBA, P90X (not doing this right now), and my fav is TIFFANY ROTHE Workouts... I have to get my exercise on when I get home in the evenings. I'm like a supermom!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I love mall walking, what could be better that window shopping and getting exercise in?!
    Also like the elliptical at the gym and have leslie saansone dvds to supplement as well.
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like the Kinect games, I have a few different ones. I've been taking Team: Fitness at my gym, but I'm taking a break for a couple weeks. Mostly lifting weights at the gym and doing cardio stuff at home. I have the P90X dvds too; I've been trying to do Ab Ripper X every night before bed, but I'm not doing the system. Just kind of experimenting to see what I like and how it works. When my daughter was smaller, I did laps at the mall with a group of moms, but she doesn't like to sit still anymore.
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out to DVD's in the living room, it's fun and no one gets to see me all sweaty lol. I have many different DVD's most by Rosemary Conley and Davina, but I also have Solomon Yogalates, and have completed Day 7 on Level 1 of the 30DS.

I love swimming, so as soon as I feel comfortable again, I will be doing that =]

I would like to take up jogging and eventually running, but self confidence does need to built up a lot more for that sort of thing.
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba. I never realize how much I am sweating until I am walking out of the gym.

I also going jogging with my dog. She knows that after dinner it's walk/jog time. And she'll whine until I take her out. I guess she is the one thing that makes me keep doing that.

@jigglebewie you can always run at night. That's what I started doing, when I knew no one was on the road I would jog or go to the track. This way I could do it while I was very embarassed by my weight.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Couch to 5k, I've also dabbled in 30 Day Shred. I couldn't exactly say they're my favorite things to do, though :tongue:

I think my favorite is taking my dog for a hike somewhere where I can let him off the leash to run ahead and then wait for me to catch up. Just seeing how much he loves that makes me love it!
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So many people have suggested that. I'm just a big chicken. I'd prefer to jog with someone I think.

And I'm on a main road, and it's always busy until about 2 in the morning. It's okay, eventually I will get out there and start running. I don't go out very often at all, I hate going out even down the road, I make my bf go and get the shopping, I've that little self-confidence.

Ooh and I love Zumba too =D I got the whole box set for xmas with the toning sticks XD
  • nlepine84
    nlepine84 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my second half marathon in September, so running will be my major go to activity. I also play ball hockey 2-4x a week, I love playing ultimate frisbee or just passing a disc around. I love an afternoon stroll with my hubby to be or any girlfriend. Basketball, tennis, golf, swimming, and just plain old weights at the gym. I am going to try a cross fit corse in June
  • evalba
    evalba Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Excited and ready to take on the 30 days active challenge!!

I play on a Womens as well as a Co-ed kickball team which I really enjoy.

I use to also do a core class and ride my bike on the hike and bike trail in my city. Which I'm getting back into. I also coach a t-ball team and that sometimes feels like a workout when I'm done.

I want to really train so that I can do The Tough Mudder race..it comes near Austin in October! Hopefully I can do it.
  • TiffTiff81
    TiffTiff81 Posts: 7
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA. Depending on how pumped I am I also do Insanity and I take TaeKwonDo classes that help me work up a GREAT sweat!

I am ready to start this 30 day challenge and stick to it after that. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I walk, do some strength exercises with weights and with body weight, jog in place, have a wii, just found zumba on you tube (yes I live in an area that still doesn't have a zumba class). Right now that is about it. But looking for new things to branch out into.
  • missvaleriekay24
    missvaleriekay24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i suprisingly like pilates..i bought zumba months ago and of course didnt get to use it cause my xbox broke but it looks fun lol...i also do alot of strength training and walking the trails around my hse when its not 2 hot out...startn to go to the gym 2morro and im going to try kickboxng...wish me luck
  • sxysantos
    sxysantos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cardio and I also do strength training at least 3 x's a wk. I am an aerobic inst but currently I only teach 2 zumba classes.
  • Daisy50811
    Options
    I seriously love jazzercise. I only get to do it once or twice a week because I work and travel and have little ones at home, but it's something I look forward to all week.
  • shatteredmemrys
    Options
    I love riding my bike and walking around my neighborhoods. Or I'll walk to the park or to the grocery store.