What Keeps You Motivated???

Options
xqueenbee24x
xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
Hey Everyone,
We seem to have a lot of people in this group, but not so much communication and motivation going on :-/
So I was wondering, what keeps you motivated to continue to eat clean and workout???

I noticed that some days I really want to work out (like continue going all day) and other days I just feel like lying in bed all day watching tv. I don't want to burn myself out (which I have a feeling I might be doing) but at the same time I am so motivated to lose the weight and become fit that I continue working harder and harder everyday.

So tell me, what motivates you?!?!?!

Replies

• jamiemonique
    Options
    Hey there! No one's responded yet (I think the fire is kind of dying down as things are rolling along) so I'll chime in.

This is kind of a catch-22, but what keeps me motivated is results. When I start seeing the numbers drop on the scale, or if my clothes are starting to fit looser, or if I can SEE the difference in my body, then I'm totally motivated. Otherwise, I have a hard time staying focused for longer than a few days at a time. Especially as of late- I'm trying to get that drive/focus back, but I'm just kind of "eh" when it comes to really eating the way I know I should.

Accountability definitely helps (to groups like this), but then what happens is that I stop holding myself accountable. Vicious.

Anyway! Great topic. . . Hope a few more people chime in. :smile:
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have little motivation. I found a picture of a bathing suit I want so hopefully that will motivate me. In terms of exercise, doing what I enjoy is the only thing, I HATE THE GYM so sports are my go-to.
  • aggibridges
    Options
    It's really weird and I'm not sure how healthy it is, but I get really pumped while on a diet. The smugness and pride of being able to say you had exactly X amount of calories is pretty addictive.
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a toughie! Knowing how guilty I feel if i eat really badly or dont exercise motivates me to eat well and exercise and feel proud! Results or no results. When I'm derailing I tend to buy a fitness magazine or borrow a book from the library - ATM its Fatloss for Good. Finding my inner Ninja and embrassing her! I think the next step is to stick post its all around my house with little motivating phrases.
    They say motivation is a wank and routine and practice with small consistent wins is the key to success!
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hummmm!!! *scratching my head* My motivation is...... the feeling I get after a good workout! I love that high I get after I have given it my all and really pushed through my workouts! I also like a challenging workout. If I have a workout that doesn't challenge me then I tend to slack off a lot. My motivation to eat right is really my body now... It can't take all the fast food or too much greasy food because it makes me feel really sick. I cut it out so much that my body hates too much of it!

My last big motivation to do everything I do on my journey is LIFE! I want to be around to see my son grow older and I want to be able to keep up with him while doing that! He is my all and I also want him to lead a healthy life! So, in turn, I have to lead by example!!! :)