NorCal Summer Activities

Options
jesusHchris
jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
This group seems DEAD!

What sort of healthy activities does everyone like to do in the summer? I spent the winter snowboarding in Tahoe and am trying to pick a warm weather obsession for this year. I've got my motorcycle, but that's isn't really all that active.

I've been looking for a local scuba divers club that isn't all 50 year olds, and have also been thinking about kiteboarding.

Anyone else have ideas?

Replies

• jamielynnpalmer
    Options
    Kayaking and horseback riding are my summertime activities. I'm not much for the heat so I often find myself wandering lost in San Francisco just to catch some fog and a cool breeze when it gets hot!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Swimming, swimming and....more swimming! That's our main summer activity!!

On really hot days when we're tired of swimming, we'll usually go bowling or do something else indoors.

What is kite boarding??
  • turqouisechica
    Options
    I go swimming, boogie boarding, rafting, kayaking (are you sensing a pattern...pretty much anything to do with water) and also go hiking in the Sierras, walk around SF, etc. I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's all I can think of right now.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

What is kite boarding??

It's pretty cool. You're basically on a wakeboard typing thing with a big *kitten* kite and now boat. The kite pulls you around and into the air. Check it out on youtube.