first time

Options
Kandygirl
Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
this is my first time ever doing one of her workouts and damn this one kicked my butt. but i love the way i feel afterwards. how is everyone else feeling?

Replies

• Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love it . And I like that its not long. definitely doable with a newborn and a 2 year old. ..... :)
  • ahollett11
    Options
    where did you fine the 30 day meal plan... i have started the 30 ds with jm and i am going into my 6th day... and i love it
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you can find the meal plan online. just google it. it has lots of good recipes. she uses lots of organics and such if that's what you are into.
  • butterflybby
    Options
    I love ripped in 30! I love that it involves more weight training than 30DS. It's been hard for me to find an exercise video that I like! I love that it's only 20mins, I'm not in the best of shape, so a longer workout would be brutal!
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just finished todays workout/ week 1....feeling pretty damn good!! Its a pretty short workout but its tough! Makes me realize just how out of shape I truly am.
  • scamp1989
    scamp1989 Posts: 2
    Options
    On the first day I didn't find it that bad (apart from the planks!). I'm relatively fit from a physical job so none of the lower body stuff phased me, but I was confused why when I have very little upper body strength I was OK.

5 days in I've realised my mistake - I was only using 1.5kg (3.3lb) weights! Switched that up to my 3kg ones (6.6lbs) and my upper body got a far better workout today!
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is my first real Jillian workout, too. I did one years ago (just once, at a friend's house), and thought I was gonna die. I'm definitely in better shape now, b/c it's not feeling too terrible. Not during, that is, but somehow I'm super sore by the end of each day! :smile:

Love the 30 second intervals.:love: I can push myself thru anything for 30 seconds!

Today will be day 3 of wk1 for me. This is also my first time doing an organized program, complete with before and after stats, so I'm excited to see what happens. Oh, and I'm using 5lbs for most exercises, but 7lbs for some.

Good luck, everyone!!
  • jenmck1031
    Options
    day2/wk1....sore as can be ...now to finish the rest of today's normal workout. Is anyone else doing extra?...Example I also spend 20mins on stationary bike, 10-20 on treadmill and walk 1-3miles outside depending on weather. I also use my fitbit to make sure I walk 5miles/day and 10k steps daily.
    I just added JM due to no loss past few weeks....

( I am using mixed weights 3lbs for left arm and 5lbs right, have a old rotator cuff injury that flairs at time so I don't push with weights)
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I have been adding as well - either additional abs (10 min) or some Zumba. Because of a hip injury, I can't do the cardio sections with high impact. I usually use 8 lb or 10 lb weights for the strength sections.

Did everyone remember to take measurements before starting? Not too late since we are only 2 days in.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do additional workouts. I did 45 on the elliptical yesterday. Today I am too sore, and a bit nauseous, so nothing extra. I do get at least 14,000 steps every day (or 10,000 in addition to my cardio, whichever is more).
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im still trying to work in a 30 minute treadmill session. I do that in the morning and Jillian at night.
  • nresendes27
    Options
    Just bought the DVD today, going to do day 1 tomorrow!! I am also on day 20 of 30 day shred so the next ten days will be interesting!!! Good luck to all! Push through the pain it’s worth it, I have seen huge results in 20 days!!:flowerforyou:
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3, after doing her 30 Day shred and BFBM and NMTZ, week 1 seemed easy. Holly Molly week 2 brought it.

Not doing measure ends till the end. (I get away too excited about inches and pounds lost I go into celebration mode and stop working out)

I'm eating about 1300ish calories a day, someways I eat them back others I don't...
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1, Day 3 - replaced my 3lbs weights with 5lbs and got a better workout. I am sore but pushed through it. I supplement the workouts with treadmill/elliptical and Zumba.