EASA2 Custom Workout Weekly Challenge

Options
Jaccyber
Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
>>>>>>>>>Hello all and welcome to the:<<<<<<<<<<
EASA2-Super-Custom-Multiplatform-Synchronized-Sweat-Inducing-Calorie-Scorching-Challenge
or EASA2SCMSSICSC for short.

This will be the thread for the Custom Workout Challenge that will begin on June 4, 2012. This will be an open ongoing weekly event that :smile::smile: everyone :smile: :smile: can participate in.

It is time to dig deep into the closet of the Custom Workouts area of EASA2.

Anyone can list there personal custom workout: ((for a workout time frame of 25mins to 30mins(credit embclark)):smile:
Warm ups
Exercises
Cool downs
The rest of us will build (synchronize) that workout onto our consoles as close as possible. (There are some differences in exercises on the different consoles. Mostly with Xbox360 so we will do what we can to substitute as close as possible.)
I am looking forward to seeing how this will come together.

I already have a couple suggestions for exercises, so I will maybe build a custom workout out of those suggestions and then we can proceed from there. If anyone posts there custom workout before June 4th I will get those into the first week and will go from there.

(I am personally trying to get eight more trophies so go ahead and include Mountain Biking and Boarding as one of your exercises...that would be awesome.. LOL)

Below are the list of excersizes for all consoles:
Page 1: (Upper, Lower, Cardio, Full, Warm up, Cool Down, Fitness Activities)
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6189/easa2eventlistforallcon.jpg

Page 2: (Football/Soccer and Basketball Activities)
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6189/easa2eventlistforallcon.jpg

These are the lists from the EAsportsactiveonline forum.

Have fun and Happy exercising.:happy:
Any discussion about any of this is most welcomed.

Replies

• embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Should we set a length on these? Like 30 minutes or so just to make sure everyone has the time to fit them in? We all know a 30 minute workout takes about 45 minutes... :-)
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Thanks for chimin' in embclark. We will set a time range from a minimum of 25 mins to a max of around 30 mins. That should be plenty of wiggle room to create a variety of custom workouts. Good catch... thank you.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    June 4th
    Here is my Custom Workout:
    JACs Mix (Wii) - Duration about 26 mins on hard setting.
    Warm ups
    Alternating Shoulder Rotations
    Hip Circles
    Knee Tucks
    Good Mornings

Exercises
    Step Aerobics - Dance 1
    Boxing – Combo Station 1
    Mountain Biking
    Soccer – Goal Keeper
    Skipping
    Step Aerobics – Mixed 1
    Boxing – Sparring 1
    Straight Arm Plank
    Leg Raises
    Bent Arm Side Planks

Cool Downs
    Pretzels
    Leg Up
    Sideways Ankle Pulls
    Heel Drops
  • embclark
    Options
    I plan to do 5 custom workouts this week and will post them here after I do them to give us more to work with. But if we get enough other people making them, we don't have to use all mine... Oh and mine are created using EA Active 2 for the Wii (in case it makes a difference)

June 5th
    "Soccer with Boxing"

Shoulder rotations
    Windmills
    Heel lifts
    Knee tucks

Sprint long
    Boxing combo 1
    Soccer heading
    Mountain biking
    Soccer juggling
    Boxing combo 2
    Soccer goalkeeper
    Mountainboarding

Figure 4s
    Heel drops
    Leg up
    Sideways ankle pulls

Time: 25:29
    Setting: Hard
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    This is going to be so Awesome.
    :smile:
  • skaville1976
    skaville1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This sounds good Jac. Thanks for moving us on to the next challenge and keeping the motivation level on max.

I might look at creating some kind of strength training-type workout with dumbbell lifting, pushups, squats, and crunches as I hope to get my cardio from jogging in the local park and cycling to work.
  • embclark
    Options
    (no date for this one, give others a chance to fill some in, but it is here if we need it)
    "Lower Body with Core"

Knee tucks
    Rainbow squats
    Windmill

Mountain climbers
    Alternating side lunges
    Sprint short
    Kickboxing 2
    Skipping
    Front squats
    Outrun short
    Foot fires
    Hip bridges
    Kickboxing 1
    Stride jumps
    Squats with calf raises
    Crunches with punches
    Flutter kicks
    Bent arm side planks

Figure 4s
    Heel drops
    Sideways ankle pulls

Time: 26:16
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @skaville that's a great idea.. some custom made strength training workouts would be grat.

i am a little confused about the rule but i am sure we will figure them out soon.
  • skaville1976
    Options
    @skaville that's a great idea.. some custom made strength training workouts would be grat.

i am a little confused about the rule but i am sure we will figure them out soon.

I'm sure Jac will be along shortly to clarify things but I think the idea is for us to come up with a custom workout that we're keen to do and share it here with the rest of the group. People can then have a range to choose from and use in the upcoming challenge.

Thinking about it Jac, will we settle on a limited number of workouts or will be able to pick and choose?

Looking forward to it by the way
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    I think maybe we perform the custom workouts in the order they are posted to the thread. And also this would be in effect from Monday thru Friday. So the first 5 workouts posted would be lined up for this coming week. Then the next week the next 5 will be listed, or we can repeat some if we want.

I am still thinking if we should limit this to a certain number of exercises or open it up to all exercises and try to substitute where we need to. For instance, I think those with the xbox360 should be able to do dodgeball (I know people like this exercise) and those with the PS3 and Wii would sub with Skipping or something like that.

:smile: Okay... I think if you are building your workout on the xbox360 go ahead and choose from the full list available to you. If you are building your workout on the Wii or PS3 lets try to have at least 2/3rds of the exercises match what is on the list for the xbox360. This way there is a little bit of freedom to choose what we want and also not as much substitutions. This way we will mostly be doing the same workout :smile: . I hope this is not too confusing.

I believe this first week will be kind of a trial run to see what is going to work for the group.

:smile: Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.:smile:

I think we can make this work we just need to work out the bugs. (Need some raid maybe LOL.)

I do not know if I clearified things. I probably made it muddier LOL.):embarassed:
  • skaville1976
    Options
    Thanks, that's made things a lot clearer. Having re-read the whole post (a lot more slowly this time) I realized that you and embclark were adding dates for each suggested workout.

I think I've finally got it!
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Yeah... go ahead and date when you want your custom workout to be ran. Also if it is not dated I can place it somewhere in the lineup if you want. I think later on when we get a number of workouts listed we could vote on our favorites and run them for a week. We will have to see how many participate though or how many workouts are created. And yes for those on the xbox360 go ahead and do the :tongue: dodgeball:tongue:. I will be jealous because I can not pick that one... but I will okay.:smile:
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    still confused but I think i can sort it out later when i can read through things better. :-)
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Just let me know what you need figured out / cleared up and I will try my darndest to figure something out.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    So last night I entered in the custom workouts listed here so far into my Wii. I am looking forward to see how I fare with the lineup so far. I invite everyone in the group to challenge us with their custom workouts. Let me know if you need assistance in setting one up.

Just some notes:
    So far the listed workouts and total times are for the hard setting. Feel free to set the exercises to work at your own level (easy, medium, or hard). I believe the only difference will be the time it takes to perform the workout.

I do not need anyone passing out during these challenges. :sad:

Be sure to drink plenty of fluids during the workouts. :drinker: <<< Water >>>
    wateri.jpg
  • skaville1976
    Options
    Here's my suggestion.

It's upper body and core. No cardio in here so perhaps it could be sandwiched between a couple of more active workouts?

"Upper body with core"
    ==================
    Shoulder rotations
    Knee tucks
    Rainbow squats
    Hip circles
    ==================
    Hammer curls with narrow shoulders
    Flutter kicks
    Squats with biceps curls
    Leg raises
    Lateral shoulder raises
    Crunch with punches
    Shoulder presses
    Overhead triceps extensions
    Bent arm side planks
    Push ups
    Reverse crunches
    Triceps kickbacks
    Hammer curls
    Squats with shoulder presses
    =======================
    Arm across and pulls
    Figure 4's
    Leg over
    Sideways ankle pulls

Time: 26:40
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Wonderful... Wonderful... Now we just need one more to round out the first week.

So for the first week we will line it up like this:

"Jacs Mix" June 4th (by me)
    "Soccer with boxing" June 5th (by embclark)
    "Upper Body with Core" June 6th (by skaville)
    "Lower Body with Core" June 7th (by embclark)
    and....
    "Power Pyramid" June 8th (by stixx)

Thanks for your submissions.

Just a note: I am lining up 5 in a row (Monday thru Friday) simply because people have different workout days. Do not think you need to do all workouts shown unless you really really want to. The weekends will be off days for this challange. For instance, I workout on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, but I might try all five just once to see how I feel.. we shall see. Also, we will probably not be performing these workouts all at the same exact time, (just the same day) that would be amazing but awesomely difficult to accomplish.

Now, for the following week we can repeat some of these or add new ones as we get more workouts listed.

I am off to a wedding in Nebraska and will be back Sunday. Have a great weekend.
  • embclark
    Options
    June 4th
    Warm ups
    Hip Circles
    Knee Tucks
    Good Mornings

Exercises
    Step Aerobics - Dance 1
    Boxing – Combo Station 1
    Mountain Biking
    Soccer – Goal Keeper
    Skipping
    Step Aerobics – Mixed 1
    Boxing – Sparring 1
    Straight Arm Plank
    Leg Raises
    Bent Arm Side Planks

Cool Downs
    Pretzels
    Leg Up
    Sideways Ankle Pulls
    Heel Drops

Just finished this one! I did cut out the good mornings because I completely hate them... But anyways, I wear a polar heart rate monitor so I thought I would show you my comparison of calories burned...

The game told me that I burned 145 calories, but my HRM told me I burned 260.

Anyone else wear a HRM for this workout and care to compare? :-)
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    That was sooo fun. :smile: Just finished at about 9:40 pm here. That was quite a workout. The "in game" elapsed time was 26:31 to complete and I burned 166.5 cals. I do not have a HRM as of yet. My total elasped time was 34:46.

Really looking forward to tomorrows... "Soccer with boxing" workout.

Have a super night.

JAC
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    June 4th
    Warm ups
    Hip Circles
    Knee Tucks
    Good Mornings

Exercises
    Step Aerobics - Dance 1
    Boxing – Combo Station 1
    Mountain Biking
    Soccer – Goal Keeper
    Skipping
    Step Aerobics – Mixed 1
    Boxing – Sparring 1
    Straight Arm Plank
    Leg Raises
    Bent Arm Side Planks

Cool Downs
    Pretzels
    Leg Up
    Sideways Ankle Pulls
    Heel Drops

Nice workout! Good sweat! I like the idea of keeping them within the half hour range. Thanks!