Challenge Group

Options
Marne53
Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
Starting Friday June 1st.

We will be posting our weight loss each Friday. You can weigh on any day, but post how much you have lost on Fridays. I'm not asking what you weigh, but how much you have lost. This week will be 0 next Friday will be your loss for the week.

If you could pick up a cheap pedometer to measure your steps. If you count you steps on the tread mill that is fine. I like to push myself each week to do more. The average person walks 10,000 steps. Sad to say I was doing less then 3,000 when I started Herbalife. I had no idea. I bought a step counter, placed it on my sock (works great there) and lost weight fast.

Do some type of upper body strangth training. Kettle ball, weights or lifting your arms and holding them out to the side. 3 times a week.

Then post as you do you steps and upper body on here. I want to hear how you feel after you are done. I will be checking and then we can increase challenges for the next week.

Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me.. Let's get the Challenge started..
    Fri. weigh -In ,
    steps per day,
    upper body exersices,
    and tell how you are feeling..
  • Marne53
    Options
    I'm ready ....pedometer set, food bought, Herbalife ready. I have protein bars and Xtra-Cal that I'm picking up from my daughter Angie in the morning. I will weigh-in on Friday's at the Herbalife Center. Good Luck everyone.

• JMarshall15
    Options
    Ah this sounds fun! I'm in too! :bigsmile:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Ah this sounds fun! I'm in too! :bigsmile:

Welcome to the group... Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Chrism740
    Chrism740 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in!! It is the first and I am off and running!! Well I wish I could run, but I will have to settle for walking. I REALLY want a Fitbit...but I am gonna have to save some money for that. I also want to buy a kettle bell. I will see what I can come up with! :)
  • Marne53
    Options
    I'm ready too. I set my phone to be my pedometer (can't find mine...) I looked at kettle bells last night, but decided I would wait to reward myself with one after my first 5 pounds has come off. What is a Fitbit? I haven't heard of that one yet. Well time to get ready and go to the Herbalife center to weigh-in. I'm so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Have a wonderful day everyone...Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    I'm have way through the day...and things are going great. Just knowing that at the end of the day I post my info. makes me think about what I'm doing. I will post tonight. Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Fri. June 1st

Weigh -In , Starting at 0
    Steps per day, 8,423
    Upper body exersices, none today
    Tell how you are feeling.. I feel great, but need to get more steps tomorrow.

I will do upper body tomorrow and set a goal of 10,000 steps

Can't wait to see how everyone one else did... Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonldy69
    Options
    Sounds good to me.. Let's get the Challenge started..
    June 1st..Fri. weigh -In , stayed the same
    steps per day,8,000
    upper body exersices,steatches for 10 min
    and tell how you are feeling..I feel pretty good for the day it has been.. I woke up early and had to work..
  • JMarshall15
    Options
    Fri. June 1st

Steps per day, 5,438
    Tell how you are feeling.. i actually got sick halfway through work today :( so i had to leave early and come home. I slept for about 5 hours though and I'm starting to feel better :)
  • Marne53
    Options
    Fri. June 1st

Steps per day, 5,438
    Tell how you are feeling.. i actually got sick halfway through work today :( so i had to leave early and come home. I slept for about 5 hours though and I'm starting to feel better :)

Sorry you were not feeling well. I hope you are better today. Keep Moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • volleymom14
    volleymom14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fri. weigh -In: only down .5lbs
    steps per day: I haven't started to keep track of my steps
    upper body exersices: none
    and tell how you are feeling: Feeling great! I am really enjoying shopping for smaller clothes :-)
  • Marne53
    Options
    Sat. June 2nd
    steps 10,000. had to walk in place to get the last 500
    Upper body; used 2pound weights while doing the walking in place
    I feel great, but need to work more on my food intake.

Marne
  • Dragonldy69
    Options
    ] Sounds good to me.. Let's get the Challenge started..
    steps per day,8,000
    and tell how you are feeling..I feel pretty good for the day it has been.. I woke up early and had to work..

June 2nd.. didn't weigh in
    Steps : 5000'
    upper body streaches 10 , and sit up 10
    I felt pretty good and kept busy all day

June 3rd..didn't weigh-in
    Steps:
    How I feel:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Sunday June 3rd

Weigh -In , not today

Steps today, 11,340

Upper body exersices. Not reg. work-out, but carried all the patio furniture in to place. Believe me there is alot of it. Then move hostas for an hour and a half.

Tell how you are feeling. Sore, hot, sticky and my legs feel like jello....I think this is how it is suppose to be....Right???.

• Dragonldy69
    Options
    ] Sounds good to me.. Let's get the Challenge started..
    steps per day,8,000

Steps : 5000'
    upper body streaches 10 , and sit up 10
    I felt pretty good and kept busy all day

Steps: 5500
    Twist and punches 5 min. touching toes 5 min.
    How I feel:I am alittle tired since I didn't sleep to good last night.

June 4th:
    Steps:
    How I feel:
  • JMarshall15
    Options
    I'm ready too. I set my phone to be my pedometer (can't find mine...)

How do you do that? i have an iphone, can i get an App to do that?
    i need a new pedometer :/
  • JMarshall15
    Options
    Steps : ?
    P90x pylometrics! i only got through 30 min :/ its rough!
    How I feel: Worn out!

Steps: ?
    worked on my car and the house today haha. I will do abs and arms (push up if i can) later tonight
    How I feel: excited for game of thrones! not so excited for work. Also a little sluggish after dinner, i should probably drink more water
  • Marne53
    Options
    Steps : ?
    P90x pylometrics! i only got through 30 min :/ its rough!
    How I feel: Worn out!

Steps: ?
    worked on my car and the house today haha. I will do abs and arms (push up if i can) later tonight
    How I feel: excited for game of thrones! not so excited for work. Also a little sluggish after dinner, i should probably drink more water

I tried a couple of phone apps for pedometer, but nothing that really worked that great. I bought one pedometer at walmart they have them for under $5 and I got the one that was one step up for $11. I like to put mine on my sock...that works great for me.

I'm sure you burned a lot of calories doing house work and working on your car. Have a great day.

keep moving, Marne :flowerforyou:
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    June 1 weigh in: 267
    June 2: 266
    June 3: 265
    June 4: 263

Haven't bought a pedometer yet. End of the school year ... report cards to do, etc. so that will be a goal to get this weekend. :)