June Challenge

Options
Well I was a little late to the punch in noticing the May challenge, but it seems to have been well received so I thought I would take the liberty of starting a post for June.

My personal goal for June (making them up on the spot!):

- go to 10 boot camps
- do 8 sessions of Power 90
- do at least one session of T-Zone (my bf bought me a Groupon and I'm intrigued)
- attempt at-home Zumba 4 times
- ride my mare 12 times

What are your personal goals? How about goals we can do together? Ie, do 100 push ups over the whole month, etc.

Replies

• Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    OK, going to make this easy on myself (I hope!)

Eat 5 fruits/vegetables, every day!

I'm also in for the 100 pushups over the month. I have been slacking off.
  • bluemooncowgirl
    Options
    I want to do at least two longer distance walks before vacation, which is the last week in June. My ultimate goal is to walk a half-marathon, so now it's time to start adding distance workouts to my routine. I'm blessed to have nearby an awesome park with a lake and a 2.5+ mile track around it, so at least I have somewhere scenic to do this! : )

I also want to continue my weight training at least twice a week.

Someday I'm actually going to get back on the scale. In the meantime I'm just going by how my clothes fit. (If I'm not careful I can become a slave to the number that shows up, and I know it's not always an accurate measure of my health and fitness levels.)
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Well, I just confirmed another June goal... I'm taking my 4yo WB mare to her first ever show! That means I really need to focus this month to drop some pounds and ride my mare. She's super green but has a great mind... fingers crossed!
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd like to complete my C25K (or at least near it! Week 7 would be a success).

Continue Zumba 2x week.

Riding 3-4x week.

I also really need to work on cleaning up my diet. I'm typically within my calorie goals, but not always making good and healthy choices.
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Finish c25k - I start week 6 on Friday (6/1).

Ride at least once a week.

Continue my mare's conditioning to bring her back in shape.

Change my eating habits - 5 fruits/veggies a day, 2 dairy a day, etc
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My goal for June is just going to be to not gain any weight. I'll be visiting family from June 5th to July 8th. I am not bringing a scale and will have little control over what I have available to eat. I also won't have my bike or access to a gym, but I will have 120 acres to roam and horses to ride!

I will weigh in on June 1st, then I am swearing off the scale until July 13th.
  • bluemooncowgirl
    Options
    I reached part of my goal today!! 6-mile walk this morning at the lake, and I did it in less than 2 hours.:drinker:
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WOW !! way to go Bluemoon!! And it is only the second day of June
  • VesperSparrow
    Options
    I've started jogging a little on my morning dog walks (just over 2 miles). Usually I walk with other people, but on the weekends I walk alonet, so I'd like to move up to jogging most of the 2 miles. Want to take it slowly so it isn't too hard on my 57 year old knees.
  • bluemooncowgirl
    Options
    WOW !! way to go Bluemoon!! And it is only the second day of June

Thanks!! I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get the second walk in before our beach trip at the end of the month.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    June Goals:

1. Pilates Core-Fusion w.o at least 3x a week (=12 workout sessions)
    2. Ride Mango at least 2x a week (= 8 riding sessions)
    3. Continue Paleo-style menu = avoiding dairy,wheat, processed foods, sugars, beans

Again, simplicity is good, imho
  • Xatholasian
    Options
    I had been watching those Extreme weight loss shows on Hulu about a month ago. It gave me inspiration...

My reasons for my weight loss are about my health (I quit smoking last year after smoking for 24 years), a vacation I want to take next year where I need to be under the 200 mark to be able to go (my goal is well under that mark, so in reality I am a lot closer to that milestone goal than I am to my final) and for the benefit of my horse who I am sure would appreciate the lighter rider.

What I saw in those episodes were people that had let their cravings and lifestyle get the best of them. They were also able to do some phenomenal things in that 1 year time-span too... I don't have to lose nearly as much so I believe that it is not only doable but something that I am going to accomplish before the end of this calendar year.

So my vows for May and all the subsequent months until the end of December is to eat well balanced meals, control my portioning and get on that Nordic Trak when I am not working with the horses. Those people on that show work out 2.5 hours TWICE a DAY, that is 5 hours a day. If I can even put in a fraction of that, I will be able to meet and probably exceed my goals. For since I started I have already lost 12.5 lbs since the middle of May, so about 2 lbs a week or so, with some weeks far better than others...

What I have learned so far...
    1. Don't let yourself get so hungry, find snacks that are low in calories (a bowl of cereal is a great snack, that fills and lasts when use use milk)
    2. Don't keep yourself from your favorites... Always in moderation is my motto, if you deprive yourself you won't be able to stop thinking about whatever it is and that is like self-torture.
    3. Each time you want to snack remind yourself WHY you are doing this. Then try to figure out if it is your mouth that is telling you to eat or your stomach.
    4. Eat your final meal of the day at least 2 hours before you plan on going to bed... you'll sleep better.
  • grannysmj
    grannysmj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My June challenge will be.

- record everything in my food journal
    - record everything into my exercise journal
    - remember to take my measurements
    - Ride my bike when it isn't raining
    - attempt 20 minute Zumba @ 3 times a week
    - ride Kaos 2 times a week
    - Set up and practice June's Agility course

and most important smile :)