Just For Fun!

Options
shammxo
shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
Because I'm sick, lonely and can't leave my house. :D

Guys-- What would you like a girl to wear on a first date?
Girls-- Do you have a go-to outfit for your first dates?

Replies

• HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like my man to look sharp. I guess it depends on where we go. Maybe jeans and a polo. IDK, I'm bad with men's fashion.

I would want to look hot, but not look like I'm trying too hard. It depends on where we go. Maybe jeans and a classy top or maybe a casual dress.
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Depends on what we do, but jeans and a t-shirt is fine. If she can look good in that, she'll look good wearing anything.

(Hope you feel better soon)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I usually rock my good jeans and a nice button down or polo. I even bust out the shiny shoes but it depends where we go. If it's over 90 degrees I'll probably wear shorts and flip flops though.

I prefer my date to show up in a skirt or a dress, but jeans and a cute top are acceptable depending on where we go,
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Nekked? J/K

It depends on what we're doing, but most of all, I want her comfortable and feeling good about her outfit. First dates are stressful enough without the man adding pressure about clothing (don't you know women dress for other women, not the man?).
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Short of wearing a dress made out of meat, I really don't pay much thought to what a girl wears on the first date.
  • NeverEverEasy
    Options
    Well I am for sure a girl so I would say guys should just wear a tee shirt and jeans. I'm very casual and it's uncomfortable when I show up in a loose summer dress and there in a suit or something.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    (don't you know women dress for other women, not the man?).
    I wish this were true. I am extremely casual. I love my strappy shoes/flip flops/birks/docs whatever. Do you know how many men want to see the summer dress or skirt? I don't like skirts and dresses and have disappointed many men by showing up in cute capris or jeans and a nice shirt.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My go to outfits are something that I feel confident and comfortable in. I don't want to sit there thinking about how terrible my arms look or how this shirt itches. Generally speaking it's usually either a tank with a cardigan or a blouse with dark skinny jeans, and flats.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    In my past I would have said the capri and nice top answer, but it's funny how losing some weight has left me feeling more vibrant and feminine... I'd definitely be rocking a skirt or dress now. I even started doing that to work (at a work appropriate level). Of course, it's amazing how many men don't seem to look me in the eyes while talking or walking by, but hey, the attention is kinda empowering, haha!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I love to go with a blouse skirt (or dress) and heels.

Especially since I'm hippy, and it's hard to find pants that fit right.

But guys out here seem to only have tshirts and jeans (ugh). I was getting so tired of it that I told my friend two weeks ago, since we were going to a nice restaurant, heads-up: I'm gonna look FABULOUS, you've been warned (and he responds he can't wait) yet he shows up in jeans and an old ball cap. Really?? I'm embarrassed to admit I was so irritated that I got on him about it, and threatened to go back into the house to change. We actually had the best time ever, and I don't think I ever laughed so hard... but I will admit I was mortified at first walking into that restaurant with him in is jeans and ball cap.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    (don't you know women dress for other women, not the man?).
    I wish this were true. I am extremely casual. I love my strappy shoes/flip flops/birks/docs whatever. Do you know how many men want to see the summer dress or skirt? I don't like skirts and dresses and have disappointed many men by showing up in cute capris or jeans and a nice shirt.

I think it is kinda true. Women tend to wear clothes that they see other women wearing in magazines and stuff... But generally, men don't really find those outfits attractive. Ex: The maxi dress, or those flowy "pregnant" shirts.

My go-to would probably be exactly like tchristine described. Tank, cardigan(or blazer) with skinny jeans and flats. If I ever get a date, I'll let you know what I end up wearing ;D
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Something with a really interesting novel printed on the fabric (not the chest) so I can appear to be at least looking in her general direction (without staring at her *) while actually completely ignoring whatever drivel is spewing out of her mouth. Maybe also some mirrors on the shoulders so I can watch the TV at the bar - hopefully one of those shows with 90 minutes of kids falling off skateboards and hitting their friends with shovels. Also, something with pockets for her wallet when she picks up the check.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tight white tshirt, tight jeans and black heels or cowboy boots. cause all my first dates are at fun bars.

unless its a beach date, then its cutoffs, bikini and a tore up tshirt that has holes all over it.

if its a fancy dress date, i'll break out the LBD- but you better break out something just as fancy. Im not wearing an LBD so you can wear the mustard and ketchup stained khakis from your nephews christening 8 years ago and a Ramones shirt.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I will be honest, it really depends on how excited I am about the date. If I'm not really feeling the guy I'll go with something I already have, and that can vary from a t-shirt to a cute sundress. if I'm totally in on it, I will go shopping and find something new and hot.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick, lonely and can't leave my house. :D

Guys-- What would you like a girl to wear on a first date?
    Girls-- Do you have a go-to outfit for your first dates?

Depends, nice jeans/top is good. Depending on the plans, a dress/skirt could be rocked as well.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like the first date to be a comfortable casual attire that represents her style and perhaps what she wears most of the time.
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    It really doesn't matter to me what a girl wears on the first date, unless it sticks out like a sore thumb. You know, really strange or weird and you think wtf?

Now, just because I'm not picky about what she wears doesn't mean I don't pay attention. I remember every single detail of the outfit my last ex was wearing on our first date, from the eyeshadow to the flats.

And what do I wear? Probably dressier jeans with a button down, again depending on what we are doing, as some have already stated.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I either would go shopping (if I was bored or had the extra money) for a new cute dress or pick out something hot out of my closet. I'd bring it every 1st date with a short dress and heels. That's just my style.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i am super casual and i don't really enjoy skirts or dresses. so, either pants or capris usually. for a first date, i would want it to be somewhere very casual, low stress, just have fun kinda place. save the fancier stuff for after we have determined we are equally into one another :-)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I wear something suitable for the ocassion that makes me feel sexy. I like to get dressed up, so I am all about skirts and dresses, but only if they are appropriate for what we're doing and if you are dressed on the same level. I feel incredibly lame wearing a mankiller dress while you're wearing jeans and a t-shirt. So if you feel like it's a jeans and t-shirt kind of night, give me a heads up at least.