A slight rant

Options
johnm8703
johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
I know this is probably gonna sound bad but am I the only one that gets annoyed when people on the forums are like "I hit 180 pounds and felt disgusting" and "I weigh 138 and still I'm not happy"

I know it's different for everyone and everyone has a different breaking point and all but sometimes I just want to respond...."Wow that sucks that you weigh 40% of me and you're not happy" or "I'm sorry that you felt disgusting weighing 40% of my current weight."

Sorry rant over.

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The worst is when someone says they saw their highest weight on the scale and burst into tears. And I'm like "Um, that's actually my GOAL weight." Lol... I guess little people need support, too.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    My personal peeve is "I have a lot of weight to lose' and they're talking about 40 lbs.

I guess it is a lot of weight to them, but it ends up just making me feel like crap.
  • johnm8703
    Options
    I completely hear you there Familiar! Sometimes I want to respond with " I can lose that in 2 months! Enjoy your next 2 years!" ;-)
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get a little annoyed, I will admit it! I would love to be 180 right now. I keep telling myself that their struggle is just as hard. I have heard the last little bit of weight can be stubborn though. I try to be positive and upbeat with a pinch of unicorns and rainbows :P but yeah posts that say "I need to lose 20 pounds because I am so fat" , makes me want to stab someone with the unicorn horn!!
  • Koala_mama
    Options
    I totally understand!! My 140 pound sister is staying with me for a while and it annoys me to death when she complains about needing to lose weight. I'm like "Really?! I would give anything to be that thin!!
  • MelissaKaye91
    MelissaKaye91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I completely hear you there Familiar! Sometimes I want to respond with " I can lose that in 2 months! Enjoy your next 2 years!" ;-)

Lol I will actually say something along those lines. I usually just laugh and say, " I can pee a lot in one day and lose that" lol
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lol I will actually say something along those lines. I usually just laugh and say, " I can pee a lot in one day and lose that" lol

I think that a LOT.

At least at a heavier weight it drops faster... for a while. I also like to remind myself when I'm exercising that I burn way more calories than a thin person does, and faster too. At least that's one positive thing to hefting this bod around!
  • krissyd100
    Options

LMAO - I swear to God, I'm going to use that next time!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one who thinks these things.

I usually just smile or say something about how hard it is to lose weight, while I am thinking "Shut the f#%& up. I do NOT want to hear you whine about how hard life is at 150."
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, my 21 year old, 5'9", 135lb niece complains about things like how flabby her thighs are all the time and I just want to throw a brick at her!!! Usually, my response is something along the lines of "Gee, if you think you're fat AT ALL, please don't tell me what you think of me!!!"
  • johnm8703
    Options

LMAO - I swear to God, I'm going to use that next time!

Feel free Krissy. Nothing I say is copyrighted! ;-)
  • johnm8703
    Options
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one who thinks these things.

I usually just smile or say something about how hard it is to lose weight, while I am thinking "Shut the f#%& up. I do NOT want to hear you whine about how hard life is at 150."

Kim I say respond with that and see what they come back with! ;-)
  • johnm8703
    Options
    Ha ha, my 21 year old, 5'9", 135lb niece complains about things like how flabby her thighs are all the time and I just want to throw a brick at her!!! Usually, my response is something along the lines of "Gee, if you think you're fat AT ALL, please don't tell me what you think of me!!!"

Eris how does she respond? With that stupid blank "I can't believe that you just said that" look that all late teen early 20s give you when you call them out?
  • EmiTheGreat
    Options
    I get a little annoyed, I will admit it! I would love to be 180 right now. I keep telling myself that their struggle is just as hard. I have heard the last little bit of weight can be stubborn though. I try to be positive and upbeat with a pinch of unicorns and rainbows :P but yeah posts that say "I need to lose 20 pounds because I am so fat" , makes me want to stab someone with the unicorn horn!!

The stab someone with a unicorn bit made my day. lol Im with you guys on this though... my sister has a wee bit of baby fat and shes always, "oh Emi, Im gross, I need to be motivated like you" Youre a third my size lady. Ugh
  • rawebe
    rawebe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Umm.... this is my husband. He weighs 170 pounds and talks about his need to lose weight. I weighed 360 at my highest. Today, I am 267. I am still 103 pounds heavier than him. One day I had enough and said, "What the f@#$% do you think of me when you say you need to lose weight?!??!" He honestly and sincerely did not realize how his comment affected me. We all have our individual crossed to bare.