New Challenge Member Introduction

Options
LovinLifeChik
LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
Hi - I'm Sharon (LovinLifeChik)!

I am in my late forties, and have been battling with my weight and related health issues, for longer than I care to admit! I joined MFP back in the end of 2011, and have never looked back. It's a constant challenge to put my health first...over my love for food! But I'm doing it a little at a time - just the same way I put the weight on!

This is my fourth challenge group since joining - and my first time starting one up. My first couple challenges were so complicated - with huge spreadsheets, and leaders and required mini challenges...ugg, I felt like I could never get my arms around the process. Then a friend of mine asked me to join a group she was in, where the only challenge requirement was to weigh in once a week. I joined - along with alot of other people. And by the end of the challenge, it was just my friend and I still checking in weekly. I find the challenges help me - as long as the group of people are committed to supporting the group!

So I'm starting a new challenge for summer - no pressure....go at your own pace...no spreadsheets to complete...no one telling you what exercises to do, or what kind of food to eat that week. Just weigh in once a week (on that week's posted topic)! If you want to set a mini goal - go ahead and start your own topic to track your progress.

Have fun with it. Its summer - get outside, move around, eat some fresh locally grown produce and have a blast. And at the end of 16 weeks - we'll all be having a great celebration!!

Replies

• Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ I am Dot (MIHooper)

44 yrs.old.

Love the idea of losing weight over the next 16 weeks !
  • tchndiva25
    tchndiva25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello There!

I'm Tara, 48 years old and want to free myself of the extra 25lbs that have crept on over the years. I've lost weight before on programs that I just don't want to pay for. I know it isn't necessary and I simply refuse to pay for a program that doesn't create a life-long habit of healthy eating and exercise. MFP is a great tool to track and manage my eating and workouts. This group will provide the accountability to support me in this journey.

Thanks for creating this group! :happy:
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm Shep and live in the UK. I hope you don't mind me sneaking in - as I'll be 40 in less than 2 months but the extra weight makes me physically feel ancient already.

Love the simple challenge and am totally up for this.
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ~ I am Dot (MIHooper). I am 44 yrs. old & would LOVE to be a part of this challenge. My goal is lose to 25 lbs. by my birthday in November so this is a great motivating challenge for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I am 50 and would love to be also be part of this challenge.
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi all; I'm Maggie. I'm 50 years old and ready ... I'm in for this one for sure ... 16 weeks sounds fair :smile: Hey, if any of you would like to become MFP Pals by all means please friend request me :flowerforyou:
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and I'll be doing this challenge too!!
  • TheBlessedMomma
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! I'm not feeling super confident, I'm 46 and it took me 2 years to drop 15 pounds, exercise and eating right has not been a priority. But this summer I'm gonna give it a real go.
  • Djkaya29
    Djkaya29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all my new friends!!! My name is Darlene, I am 46 and looking forward to losing 25 pounds in the next 16 weeks. I like to weigh in on Saturday mornings....helps me behave on Friday, so I will be leaving my weigh in every Saturday. I would love to find someone to walk with in the Tremonton/Garland area in Utah, if you run across anyone that fits that criteria please let me know. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and a big thanks to Sharon for starting the group.
  • Keekah1969
    Keekah1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Nechole, and I am 25 miles outside of Chicago in the western burbs. I just joined MFP 5 days ago. I joined the group yesterday. I am here to lose roughly about 30 pounds. My goal is 130-135 area. I recently lost 40 pounds within the past 6 months already, but it was due to sickness. I am finally healthy, so I want to finish the job the right way. I hope I am not too late to join in on the challenge.:smile:
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in! will weigh in Thursday morning, could use a group support and the challenge (:
  • FortyBelow
    FortyBelow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings, all!

I am 40, and I reside in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 pounds, so to lose 25 pounds over the summer would be just phenomenal. I look forward to embarking on this journey with each of you.

Kristine (aka FortyBelow)