20 rep squats/ milk squats?

Options
djf23
djf23 Posts: 58 Member
has anyone tried this 20 rep squat workout plan

its meant to be like oldschool muscle building at its best, but it calls for 1 gallon of milk a day to be drunk..thats insane amounts of milk

but ive read people saying they gain like 30 pounds of lean muscle in like just over a month

im thinking about giving it a try but im not to sure if it will work on low carb (around 1600 cals a day)

also are you able to mix it up and still get results, like mondays for for the 20 reps, then wednesdays go for like 3 set 5 rep max, then friday go for the 20 reps single set again

one thing im slightly put of by is they say you like die afters and like cant move for like 10 mins, probably get some strange looks at the gym

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't hit a program like that at a deficit and 1600 calories a day. It is meant for someone eating like a beast entirely to put on size. 30 pounds of muscle is complete BS, I would completely write off most programs claiming this. If you are eating for it and following it, you should probably make some solid gains in your lower body. Throwing in a 20 rep max or something to mix things up might be alright, I wouldn't try to modify the program into something it isn't though.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, the widow maker. when you do a 20 rep set, its as much about the endurance as the strength. The people who gain crazy amounts of mass will be the ones eating enough to fuel there workouts. A low carb, 1600kcal diet with this sort of workout is not a very good idea, doing that intsenity of squatting for more then a few weeks wouldnt be a good idea, trying to do much other work on that sort of volume of squatting wouldnt be a good idea.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    but ive read people saying they gain like 30 pounds of lean muscle in like just over a month

That's not possible, even with the best drugs money can buy.
  • moeheep
    moeheep Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1 gallon of whole milk
    2650 calories
    208 carbs...all sugar
    144 fat
    128 protein
  • djf23
    Options
    1 gallon of whole milk
    2650 calories
    208 carbs...all sugar
    144 fat
    128 protein

haha ....the original plan called for a gallon of milk, that was like serious old school stuff before they had protien powder and other sups...so im in no way gonna drink like 4 litres of milk
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    1 gallon of whole milk
    2650 calories
    208 carbs...all sugar
    144 fat
    128 protein

not sure what kind of milk you drink, but milk has way more protein in it than fat

OP
    the workout is solid. if you're going to do the workout though stick with the plan. don't mix in 3 X 5 days.
    you're not going to gain 30 lbs of muscle or anything even close to that, but you will game strength and it's a great beginner program.
    the milk aspect of it is like 30 years old. don't pay attention to that part.
  • moeheep
    Options
    Well you need to read a milk gallon label buddy.......WHOLE Milk has 9 gram per cup Fat...8 gram per cup Protein. Not sure where you went to school, but I always thought 9 was more than 8
  • djf23
    Options
    1 gallon of whole milk
    2650 calories
    208 carbs...all sugar
    144 fat
    128 protein

not sure what kind of milk you drink, but milk has way more protein in it than fat

OP
    the workout is solid. if you're going to do the workout though stick with the plan. don't mix in 3 X 5 days.
    you're not going to gain 30 lbs of muscle or anything even close to that, but you will game strength and it's a great beginner program.
    the milk aspect of it is like 30 years old. don't pay attention to that part.

yer i was kind of gonna do it more for the muscle gain not really strength...if you get what i mean, at the moment i can do 300pounds for 5 reps and max one rep was i think 370 or something...but most plans say to drop down like 95 pounds so that you can build back up to your 10 rep max but be able to do it for the 20

will it be good when trying to lose weight aswell, i know people are saying you need big calories to build any sought of decent muscle but will i still get anything out of it by sticking to 166 net calories ( btw its low carb diet and but figured out how to get 1 pound to 1 gram protien in...sadly protien powder uses up like all my carbs for the day :/ but will it still work in that sense?)
  • dane11235813
    Options
    Well you need to read a milk gallon label buddy.......WHOLE Milk has 9 gram per cup Fat...8 gram per cup Protein. Not sure where you went to school, but I always thought 9 was more than 8

who drinks whole milk these days? you might as well be drinking coffee cream. that stuff is gross

1% milk has 9 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fat per serving.
  • UponThisRock
    Options

who drinks whole milk these days? you might as well be drinking coffee cream. that stuff is gross

The original GOMAD program called for whole milk
  • moeheep
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^

What this guy said!
  • dane11235813
    Options

The original GOMAD program called for whole milk

yes but the original program is how old? 30 years?
    the workout is still relevant. the gallon of whole milk thing is outdated.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    yes but the original program is how old? 30 years?
    the workout is still relevant. the gallon of whole milk thing is outdated.

I'm not going to disagree with you there
  • moeheep
    Options
    Of course its outdated...thats why I posted the info....to show him NOT to do it. He said he was on 1600 cals a day....