Week 1 Challenge

Options
n0bail02
n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
Ok so guess I am doing the challenges for June. I am going to try to do things the rest of you captians can build on if you want.

I know not June 1st yet. But wanted to give you time to think about Point 4. And If anyone has questions they can ask and hopefully we get them worked out before June 1.

Week 1 will be 4 part.

1. Write out your goals for this month. How you want to go about them? What you want from this month? The the non food reward you are going to give yourself at the end of the month for trying your hardest. Also write out an inspiration quote that can keep yourself motivated through this month. Be it something you come up with yourself or something you have read. Post this where you see it daily or many times a day to remind yourself.

2. drink at least 6 glasses of water a day

3. Extra movement. - Try to do something that is of extra movement 3 times a day or 21 times in the week.
Examples: Take two trips to the mailbox, Park farther out (be safe) at the shops and take the cart back in to the store, Take more then one trip being stuff in from the car. MAIN POINT: Get moving, look for ways to do more, but be safe in doing them. Leaveing up to you as to what is a good distance. Like I can park at the end of my walmart and walk safely in with my husband and kids. However if just myself and kids I do park closer. And just make an extra trip around the inside of the store. (Usually forget something on purpose on one end then when get to the other have to go back and get that item.)

4. Hard Rep/ Favorite Rep. Come up with what is your favorite rep to do and what is a hard rep for you to do. Let your captian know what these are and the amount you can comfortably do and still keep proper form.

Example: My HR is laying leg lifts http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=143
FR Wall Press http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6YHbXD2XlU&feature=related

Remember this is a lifestyle change we are working on. I know this maybe somewhat difficult for some. I know each are at different level of activity and fitness. That is why I am not giving exercises for you to do. You pick what is your HR and FR and the amount you can safely do while keeping proper form. Let you captian know at the start of the week and then do that amount each day. The EM is again about a lifestyle change. And looking for ways to get exercise into our lives everyday. Water some can drinking others like me had to develop a taste for it. It is summer so we need to stay hydrated and water helps flush out our bodies. The doctors suggest 8 glasses 8 oz each a day. I am starting us all of with a minimum of 6.

Hope none of you will hate me at the end of the month. Don't worry each week will not be this bad. Just getting starting with a bang. Point 1 so we have something we can see. 2-4 hopefully helping us reach #1.

Replies

• n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1. Goals - Exercise at least for 60 min 6 days a week. Non food reward - my favorite clothes I can't fit into right now. Want to be as close to 10 lbs down by the end of June as I can be.

My quote - "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse!"

2. Drink at least 80oz of water each day --> not hard as I am already doing that !

3. Extra movement. - I will be walking while pushing a stroller to and from the park every day instead of driving

4. HR = 15 burpees/push ups each day and FR = 100 ab crunches each day
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1. Goals - Exercise at least for 60 min 5 days a week. Non food reward - just bought new running shoes and a hydration pack so I will probably not get a reward this go around....will use my new toys as motivation instead.

My quote - "Just do it!"

2. Drinking the water will be easy! Currently drink about 100oz a day.

3. Extra movement. - Go down to the first floor to use the bathroom (I am on the 3rd floor and their is a bathroom right by my office)

4. HR = 10 push ups each day and FR = plank 30 seconds
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    1. Goals - create and do 3 days a week routine at gym (cardio &LB/cardio &UB/cardio & core)

Non food reward - Spa Day (massage, mani pedi)
    Want to be as close to the 160s by the end of June as possible!

My quote - "Motivation is when your dreams put on work (out) clothes"

2. Drink at least 80oz of water each day --> Already accomplished! Normally drink about 80-100oz/day.

3. Extra movement. - Alternate Play a Wii Just Dance Game with my daughter and walk with her and the dog on non-gym days

4. HR = 30-60 second plank every day/100 bicycle crunches and FR = 100 side bends 20squats/20lunges