60 Day 100% RAW Challenge

Options
TheKetoChica
TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
Today is day ONE of my 60 Day 100% RAW Challenge. As most of you know I'm a Vegan. This summer I want to clean my body, get healthier and improve my shape in the process. My goal is to release a minimum of 20 pounds by July 31st.

Who wants to join me?

Rivka

Replies

• rawness1129
    Options
    i would love to join you in your 60 day challenge. i will send you a friend requst :happy: my name is andrea
  • TheKetoChica
    Options
    Andrea,

Thanks for replying.. It's nice to have someone else. Let's do this!
  • DevotedWife
    DevotedWife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I plan to stop through to offer support, but for whatever reason joining a challenge like this has always guaranteed failure for me. I know it sounds crazy.
  • TheKetoChica
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I sure need it!
  • TheKetoChica
    Options
    First week down!! Three pounds gone. Now I'm going to add more walking to ensure that I continue to lose.
  • TheKetoChica
    Options
    Got some good and bad news...Let's do the bad first. Before I started my 60 day Raw Challenge I asked my doctor to run some tests to make sure that I was ok for the challenge.

Well.... the results came back. My iron is very low, my vitamin D is on 8 (I work@home and I don't go outside on the sun much) and she thinks I'm pre-diabetic. Now, with the pre-diabetic that might be my fault because the night before I did have a smoothie Popsicle I made and that may have hindered the test.

Now the good news… Yeah! I can continue with the challenge but I have to modify some things. I have to add beans to my daily plan and no offense but I'm cooking that. Raw beans or "sprouted" are nasty to me. Also, I may have to add my daily Vega shake with unsweetened almond milk to ensure I that I take in enough iron. These changes are going to take me to perhaps 95% Raw but I'm ok with that.

On the fruits, I can still eat them but stick to the low sugar ones or the ones with a low GI. So, it's this situation going to slow me down?? Heck naw!!! If anything I'm going to work harder!

Rivka