Advise on calorie intake PLEASE!

Options
Hi fellow tall ladies. I've had over a month of slackness (sigh, i know..) but I'm wanting to really do this right and I've been dedicated to the site again for about a week, logging my food. I am 5"10 (and a half lol) a medium frame and I want to lose about 20lbs more. The site is allowing me to eat up to like 1800..is that correct???? What is the correct range for a woman my size. Oh yea, I'm 27yrs old and have two toddler so I'm very active. Thanks for any advise!

Replies

• katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    that sounds right? if you want to change it put your activity at sedentary, then eat back half of your excersice calories that you expend? there is no set rule and i try not to follow the numbers exactly, i listen to what my body needs also. Mine is at 1300 but i put sedentary, will be moving it up soon though because im finding myself hungry!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I generally eat about 1500-2000 a day depending on if I exercise or not, or if I go out with my friends and have a few drinks. I have been losing at about 1-1.5 lbs a week at that about so 1800 sounds like a proper amount to lose .5-1 lbs a week.
  • htalexander
    Options
    ok thanks! Its funny ..some days I eat 1500-1700 and I'm still hungry...other days I can barely stomach that.,as long as I don't get that starvation mode warning or go over I'm good i guess..
  • MThornburg74
    Options
    I struggle with the same thing. I get so confused. Now that I have finally figured out that I have to consume 1550 calories a day, work-out or not, I have adjusted to eating back some of my workout calories. The thing is...I am STILL stuck at a plateau for 3 weeks now. It is very frustrating. I was working out like mad with 90 minutes of cardio a day and strength training 4 times a week and eating about 1400 calories a day...So I got advice on here to scale back the cardio and up my calories to get to my MFP recommended calories...and I did that. Have been doing that for a week, but no results. I am 2 pounds up, but I believe it is water weight because of my period this week (sorry for the TMI).

Any additional advice is definitely appreciated. On the days that I work out I literally find myself in the fridge or the pantry trying to figure out what to eat...usually end up with fruit, peanut butter or avacado... I worry about eating because I have to eat those calories back even if I am not hungry. It feels really unnatural to me and I hate to say it, but I miss all my cardio and last time I ran it felt like I had lost some of my endurance since scaling back. I am starting to get discouraged and frustrated that this is so difficult all of a sudden! Still pounding away, and I won't stop, but would love to see some results.
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I get confused too. I have been on here for two months and havent lost a thing. I eat some of my exercise calories back. But I also like how it feels when I do a lot of cardio and do not want to stop it just to stuff myself. I eat around 1500 calories. I feel satisfied when I eat around that much. Scaling down my calories has helped with bloating and my stomach probems so I dont give up just because of what the scale says
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! Last week was my first attempt at staying within a calorie range and tracking my calories. I average about 1500call per day and lost 2.6lbs. This was more then I wanted to lose in a week. I really want to lose .5-1lb per week. Don't know what to do now...will probably keep calories the same for 1 more week.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200/day and lose 2lbs a week. I'm not hungry, but I eat a lot of low calorie foods so that I'm not.
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about BMR and how many calories my body needs to stay at the weight I am, how many it would take for me to lose etc. and find that I am eating fewer calories than it suggests. MFP suggests I eat 1600 and I don't even eat all of that. The BMR site had me at about 2200 calories to lose 1.5lbs a week. I have struggled the past few weeks and I believe it is because I am not taking in enough calories and my body goes to starvation mode. The next few weeks I am going to try getting in more calories and see how it works for me.