Your weightloss plan?

Options
Lily234
Lily234 Posts: 8 Member
So now that many of us here have committed to be a 10 lbs loss...please share what you will be doing to achieve that?

I am watching my calories according to MFP's recommendation and will weight train 2 days and cardio 4 days at the gym.

Also share any tips and tricks that have worked for you in the past.

Replies

• Energyflows
    Options
    I'm going to lift weights, do full body circuits & walking everyday.
    I started lifting for more than a week and I feel absolutely great!

My weightloss has been slow but the changes in my body are more rewarding to me :-)
    I'm also trying to find clothes that fit me better so that I get more comfortable with my changing body curves!
  • maybombs
    maybombs Posts: 27
    Options
    As of yesterday I started the 90 Day Body Revolution with Jillian Michaels. I am also on the slow carb diet with a cheat day once a week. I seem to keep a steady weight loss of 4 pounds a month but I am hoping that Jillian will kick my *kitten* in gear and get those numbers up!
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I need to be faithful about logging my calories, I think that will go a long way towards improving things for me. Also, I'm getting a jogging stroller on Monday, so the plan is to run 2-3 days a week, plus doing dvds and at-home circuit training another 2-3 days a week, for workouts 5 days a week.
  • StaciLee40
    Options
    I am trying to eat clean food, drink lots of water and eat slowly. I am running three days a week with the couch to 5K app. Loving that app, by the way. My daughter and I have finished half of it and have seen real improvement in our running. I am going to the gym three days a week doing circuit training. My seventh day is my rest day. However, I have been taking walks on that day just so I keep my body moving.
  • Tam143
    Tam143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    1) I'm going to workout out twice a day for a total of 60+ mins. A walk/jog in the morning at park (which includes crunches and squats) and most likely Zumba or kickboxing at night.

*working out 7 days a week for 2 weeks and 5 days a week for the other 2 weeks in the month*

2) I'm going to continue with my 1300 cal diet, increasing on my veggies.

3) Drink at least 8 cups water daily

4) Nightly stretching, trying to improve flexibilty
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Will be concentrating on the food i eat, logging it and staying within MFP's recommended calories. Not able exercise because of surgery and probably won't be cleared for it before the end of June.
  • samanzi
    samanzi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of us are on the same boat! I'm trying to increase my regular exercise, but really focusing on logging my food and eating better. Especially late-night snacks... :)
  • KZL1203
    KZL1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution and the 100 miles in June Challenge. I'm also using the MFP app and logging my food- this is a first for me. I desperately need to lose weight to get to a healthy range. So any extra tips/ advise is appreciated.
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I plan to log my food in MFP which will make me accountable for what I eat. I also plan to do 3 weight training classes a week and 2 cardio. Hopefully this will do it once and for all.

I only need to loss 10 lb and have been working on it for sometime so hopefully with everyone's support this will be it.
  • ChelleSpoon
    ChelleSpoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am going to eliminate the "bad carbs" and commit to cardio 6 days/wk which is one day more than MFP recommends per my profile. Also more protein and veggies will be added. Sometimes I see how many calories I have remaining and I use them to eat whatever I want. This month I am committed to using them for the right kinds of foods. I made my diary public. If you are on ky frieends list feel free to browse my diary and make suggestions in what I can do better. If you are not a friend feel free to add me.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today, counting calories, and also lay off the red meat for a while =) more legumes, leafy dark green veggies and fruit Hope I can keep UP!!!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    my plan:
    1. eat clean and stick to my meal plan which includes lots of lean protein and salads. Limit diary.
    2. Plenty of water 10-8oz cups
    3. Workout 5 days/week and after dinner walk with hubby to keep up with 10000steps/day.

So far, I am doing pretty good with #3. #1 and #2 are work-in-progress but it is getting better by the day.

My goal is to lose 2lbs/week.
  • shereethomas2012
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE,
    I AM DOING BODY BY VI SHAKES TWICE A DAY TO SUBSTITUTE TWO MEALS, AND HAVING ONE MEAL A DAY.THE MEAL I EAT AT LUNCH SO I DONT HAVE ANYTHING HEAVY AT NIGHT. IVE BEEN DOING UFC TRAINER ON MY XBOX KINECT, BUT A FRIEND OF MINES GAVE ME THE INSANITY DISC AND IM GOING TO START THAT THIS EVENING. LOOKING FORWARD TO MUCH SUCCESS STORIES FROM EVERYONE : ) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • sshouq
    sshouq Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello :)

I have finals until the 14th of the month, which means that I can't do any type of workout until then
    my plan: today - 14 :
    1. stick to the calorie limit.
    2. track food.
    3. limit snacking to twice a day.
    4. start waking up earlier.
    5. weigh in every Friday

my plan 15 - 30:
    1. same previous goals.
    2. walk for two hours a day.

start weight : not sure, it's been a while since I stepped on a scale (am I the only one here who prefers weighing- in in the middle of the journey instead of the start?? it's less intimidating :S ) but I will weigh-in first thing tomorrow I promise :)

goal weight: I will post it tomorrow as well

Good luck for all of you :D
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I plan to follow 1200 cals and tack.
    I plan to do Zumba twice a week and got to the gym five days a week. Accept when I'm on vacation June-20-25
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My plan to acheive this 10 lb goal is to stick to the 1200 calorie /day hit the gym at least 4 times a week....when im not at the gym do workouts at home ( jillian micheals videos or biggest loser). Continue driniking water and stay positive. Hopefully that works for me i keep bouncing between 171 and 174 every three days really wierd!!!!
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I will eat a healthy diet and stay just below my 1200 a day. I need to change up my exercise--any suggestions?? I have lost 2 pounds already.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Making sure i log every bite! I know i'm only cheating myself when I don't : ( I have to make myself get the exercise done -EVERY day. Have not been succesful with that this week so far. Tomorrows a new day and I WILL get it done!
  • sshouq
    sshouq Posts: 8
    Options
    I weighed-in today :)

current weight : 142.86

goal weight: 135.86
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I plan to not eat LESS than my BMR every day. I plan on eating back my workout calories ONLY if I feel hungry.

Workout Plan
    Walk at least 20 miles a week sometimes alone, sometimes with my neighbor. Start C25K on the days I walk alone. Pilates once a week. Try to burn at least 3500 calories a week. <---Using my Polar FT4 to track this.