Introduce yourself ...

Options
n0bail02
n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
Hi there! My name is Noel. I am a 30 year old wife and mother of a beautiful 18 month old son. I am also a PhD student, and work as a research assistant. I gained a lot of weight after pregnancy, and my life style is kinda sedentary, I work behind a desk all day and study behind a desk all night... which makes it really hard to loose the weight I have gained... I thought this would be great to start a group where we can come together and share ideas, give encouragement, and to vent any frustrations, etc.
Good luck everyone!

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ally. Stats: 5'7", 152.8 lbs, 22 years old, GW 139. I have been happily married for one year to the man of my dreams who I met when I was 17. I just graduated with a bachelors degree in biology and I start medical school this fall. As of now, I work in a research lab.

I started on MFP in December--exercising is pretty easy and actually enjoyable for me, but I consistently overeat. I rarely have days under 2000 calories. I have managed to lose only 9 pounds over the last 7 or so months. I would really like to get down to 140lbs by the time I start medical school this fall. My husband and I would like to start a family soon and I want to have healthier habits before that time.

Any advice that you all have to control excessive eating--please let me know! Thanks and good luck!!
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hello-my name is Gulzar. I am a 35 yr old nonprofit director. My stats are: CW:160.8 lbs, GW:118, Height:5'3.5". I work in the stroke research field. I have been married for 3 years and have no kids. I have always been fit and conscious of my food choices until a year into marriage. I started adopting a lot of the bad habits of the physicians I work with an put on 40lbs. I also got super busy and stopped working out.

A few months ago-I started getting my eating habits under control and started running and strength training again. I've lost about 6lbs but it's really hard for me to stay consistent. Here's to hoping that I can get my act together and get healthy again!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,255 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Tina. I am 55 and am a college math professor. My CW:169 and my GW: 140 I am happily married for 27 years and have 2 children. My son, Mike, is 21 and is a college student and my daughter, Christine, is 10 and she is adopted from China.

I started gaining weight slowly at 40 and my lifestyle got busy with kids and work. I am done with school for the academic year so I am hoping to use the summer to get some of the weight off.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Monica. I used to work as the Director of HR for large government contractor but now I'm a happy SAHM to a beautiful 21 month old. I am originally from Phoenix, AZ but moved to Mexico after I got married and have been here for almost 3 years. This time last year I weighed about 255+ and have been overweight my entire late teen/adult life. As of last Thursday I was 174.2 and am looking to get to 150 as a final goal weight and to 160ish by the end of June.

Good luck to everyone! :)
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica! I am 27, married and have a little boy who will be 3 at the end of August. I work at a private women's college and sit most of the day. After I had my son I weighed in at 250. I got down to 179 last year and then the holidays started and I gained back close to 20 lbs. I am now 192 and looking to hit my goal weight of 150 before the end of the year. I also have a goal of getting back in the 170s by July 21 for a wedding I am going to.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi, All! I'm Tasia. My Stats: 5'3", CW 177.4 lbs, 27 years old, GW 140/145 (HS graduation weight). I am the proud mother of an 8 year old daughter who doubles as a fitness nut and my biggest supporter. I work behind a desk 8-12hrs a day as an account analyst and made a comfortable habit of eating whatever was convienient, close and fast...ie) the vending machine in our office or whoever would deliver. Over the past 9 years (including pregnancy) I gained 50lbs weighing in at 195 when I started MFP in April. When my health started to become a factor because of my weight I decided to do something and along came MFP (some of the best people I've met in a while)! I have been more active in the past 2 months than since my senior year of high school. I hope to be down to my goal weight by my birthday in 10/21/12! Good luck everyone!