New Diagnosis & New to the Group

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm 26 and I found out this year that I have PCOS. I've always struggled with my weight and I just feel like I'm on this lifelong rollercoaster. At the moment, my rollercoaster has hit a low point and I was just hoping to connect with others in the same boat. Today is day ONE, I currently weigh 172.2 and I'm hoping to get back down to 135 or even 130 (if it's possible to get my 'set-point' that low). I hope everyone has a great day and I hope to chat with you in the near future.

Replies

• atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I have had a day one more than once as weight has been a life long issue. I have to remind myself that I will make mistakes. I will fall off the wagon but it's okay and tomorrow because I will try again with a clean slate the next day. Just do your very best each day. Again welcome to the group and remember, we support you.
  • bellissima86
    Options
    Day one was a success! I stuck to my calories and tried to find things to distract me. My goal for tomorrow is to actually drink water because although my calorie count was good, I didn't have a single drop of plain water. I'll post more on my profile instead of here tomorrow but again, I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope you all had a good day as well. :-)
  • atrjohnson
    atrjohnson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday. I was not under my calorie count but I had 8 glasses of water and felt good. Before I was diagnosed with PCOS I had days where I felt terrible and did not know why. Now I know why and I know how to treat my body. That's a good feeling. I started off today on the right food and do plan on having a dessert tonight. I have to get my calorie count down but I am have also learned that I am one of those people that has to have a dessert or I feel deprived. Thinking of a few lace cookies but we will see. On Sunday my husband and I split a blueberry scone. It was delicious.

I am happy that you had such a great day. Let the good times roll.
  • bellissima86
    Options
    I'm glad that you had a good day yesterday and I hope that we can have a GREAT day today. I've started my day off with a glass of water, I plan on spending time today looking up how to eat when you have P.C.O.S. and I will make sure I post a link to my blog with that information. Have a great day everyone!