confession

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
I think i can guess the answer but how many of you go regularly, say once a month or how many go 'as needed' ?

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town, and our priest is spread between 3 parishes all about 30 miles apart. So I go as needed. I'd prefer to go at least once a month.
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try to go once every month or two but I haven't been since right before Easter. I need to go again and have my two oldest boys go also. They went right before Easter at school.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We have confession available Sunday before and during Mass from 7am to 2pm and masses every hour (and confession weekdays and Saturdays also). I go to confession as needed- usually once a month. I went about a week and a half ago.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I think many people go on some regular basis like once a week or once a month, and probably many Catholics who go "as needd". By that, I think you're meaning if they've done something that is really weighing on them. So perhaps they don't usually go, but will if they've done something they find to be "really wrong". Is that what you mean? I know some people will criticize Catholics for only going to confession to clear their conscience when they've done something wrong, but going once a year is better than never going.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    As needed.