Dont feel pregnant, just fat :(

broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
I hate the first trimester of pregnancy. I am now into my second but it still is so frustrating. I do not feel "pregnant" like I did with my son. I feel tired and gross and I can feel my stomach stretching at times, but I really dont feel pregnant. I have been having less of an appetite and have lost 1.5 pounds. I am not complaining because I gained over 70 with my 1st pregnancy and dont want to repeat that. I just hate this stage because I still cant feel the baby move yet and I hate having to wait for a month to go to the DR. to find out that everything is ok. Does anyone else feel like this????

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Yes, I am 11w5d and I don't feel pregnant when I'm not having nausea/morning sickness... Some days I am more tired than others and some days more hungry, but that's about it... I feel like I am getting fat and hate it... I want to look and feel pregnant! I have my next dr appt on May 7th, so looking forward to hearing that everything is still on track and doing good.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Its okay, you could be in the opposite situation like me! I am 22 weeks but easily look 7 months! And this is my first!
  • broox80
    Thanks ladies!!!! Best of luck to you and your bundles of joy!!!
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    I feel the same way :/ I'm 14 weeks and have gained 10ish pounds. I feel so gross and fat and definitely don't look pregnant yet. I'm finally starting to have a "normal" appetite again, meaning I don't want to eat everything I see, or rather, all of the sweet bread and candy I see. Here's to feeling and looking pregnant ASAP!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    ugh, I hate that bloated stage of pregnancy! I actually still kind of feel like that. If I lay on my back, even at 23 weeks along, my belly is pretty much flat...
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yes, I feel ya. I just hate the in between. My midsection is obviously bigger, just no bump. Now I only want to wear looser clothes until I show, I'm 13w3d
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    I also just wish i would show. I can still fit in my normal clothes but I have a muffin top and my boobs are HUGE. Basically i just look like i put on about 10lbs. THose who dont know that I am pregnant most likely think i am just gaining weight
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    I am right there with ya!! I've only gained 2 lbs, I'm 9 weeks.. and I feel gross. Working out does help.. but it definately comes back after every meal and especially at nighttime!! Just trying to wait it out. It took me a long time to conceive and I had promised that I would enjoy even the not-so-fun parts of pregnancy lol.
  • adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    I feel the same way. I am 25wks pregnant with my 4th and have gained 20lbs. i don't feel beautiful or sexy pregnant. I see the back fat and love handles and the spreadage that has happened in the hips and thighs. :( I just keep telling myself the next two and half months will go by quick (I always go early) so that way I can get back in shape.
  • Geez, I don't feel too pregnant except that I feel mostly awful - so I guess that does mean I feel pregnant. I've only gained two pounds so far in my 17 weeks. I was proud of that. Been eating mostly what I want but that's usually home cooked food anyway. Could use more fiber. That's harder and harder to get down.
  • 27 weeks and lost 10 pounds...(I have a lot of extra weight to lose safly) but trying not to gain anything and eating right is a pain in my a-s-s....lol Drinking 8 glasses of water a day and baby doing a jig on my balder means the bathroom and I have been spending WAY to much time together too...lol
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    When I was 6 months and everyone started commenting on my new 'baby bump', I had a family friend tell my brother that I was looking fat and could lose some weight. My brother told him I would probably lose weight in October, and the guy asked, "Why October?" My brother's reply, "Because that's when her frigging baby is due, you moron!". Glad I'm not the only one that sometimes just feels fat and not pregnant!
  • broox80
    ^^^haha!!!! Yes moron indeed!!! I am a social worker at a treatment facility for teens!! I had a former client come in the other day and he said, "Damn Ms. Brooke are you gonna have a kid???" I said,"Um no I just got huge for no reason!!!" ;)
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for the post ladies. I am about 12 weeks and not feeling prego, aside from sickness and fatigue. I do feel bloated and gassy and UNsexy - if you know what I mean! I am so excited to be prego, it is my first and I am 36. I have remained constant in my exercise routine, which really helps me mentally with these coo-coo mood swings. :-)