Water class

Options
I've been struggling with arthritis in both knees.
I have joined the local YWCA. They have several different types of water class's.
I finally found an excercise that I can do with little or no pain.
They even have a treadmill in the water.

I would suggest anyone look into there local "Y":happy:

Replies

• ColleenPosley
    Options
    Good for you! I miss water exercises. I live so far out in the country that the cows are astonished, you know? Keep at the water stuff - you'll feel way better.

One thing: I noticed that my weight loss was not dramatic - a pound or two per week. So don't get discouraged!
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love water aerobics. I found that it was the best way for me to exercise well without causing problems with my joints. Only problem, is it's too expensive for me right about now. luckily my parents have a pool, so I have a feeling I'll be getting in there quite a bit with my son this summer :)
  • womanathewell
    womanathewell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love the YMcA got to join during a promotion.Im frustrated today as I could not go I think I over did because it felt good but now the mysterious bursing is occuring in my hands and had to rest as that is a sign my body is being pushed I know if I do not stop I will end up needing to stay in bed for a couple of days .
  • thenewmeby40
    thenewmeby40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have found that it needs to be a warm pool. The local gym I had joined had a pool that felt very cold and the pain was so intense I had to get out within a few minutes. The pool in my building is a perfect temperature and when I'm suffering from an intense spell, that's where I head. So glad you found something!