June Challenge

Options
jamaicanlady
jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
This thread will be for posting your points through out June. If you prefer to use a Google Doc, I will have one up and running soon.

I would love if you enter your points in the format:

Date:
Points left:

This is because we may be on different time zones and I won't know what day you're referring to.

Replies

• krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh no...I lost 36 points today. Got to make better choices.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Not bad for the first day. Just gotta do better tomorrow.
  • Lisnagry
    Lisnagry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also lost 36, defo going to have to do better!!!
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    June 1st:
    82 pts. left
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 1
    95 points left

The culprit was peanut butter. Can't get the natural kind where I live. Gonna try to make it myself tomorrow since I use PB in my post-workout drink.
  • krythie
    Options
    Date: June 2nd

Points Left: 53

My problem is: I can't find sugar-free yogurt! Can't have anything with additives in it. I get sick! Did better yesterday, but I am afraid I am not going to be at 100 or under this first week. I did change to fresh squeezed OJ. More expensive, but very good. BTW...my dates are a little weirder because I work nights. I am going to try not to eat while I am at work, so my time frame coincides with everyone else.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Date: June 1
    Points left: 78

Wow. I have to admit...this is going to be harder than I anticipated!!!
  • mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yikes - I'm at 60pts-- (the ice cream!)

what is Yacon syrup?
  • caelitusLux
    Options
    june 1st
    84 pts. left

my culprit was pb too! need to stock my office cabinet with raw for work days!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @krythie - Same here! I see the fat-free but no sugar-free ones yet. So I've basically given up yogurt for this challenge. And that's really hard for me because I like greek yogurt and I have a couple containers in the fridge that I told my brother he could have. Yea, it's more expensive to eat/drink healthy, but SO worth it I think. And regarding the dates, don't worry about it, just post the date when your posting your points so I can keep track.

@gonnabefitgirl - Isn't it? Hang in there though!

@mad145 - I don't know either. Maybe try googling it.

@caelitusLux - You too? LOL
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Here are the points so far:

june1_.gif
  • AutumnAir
    AutumnAir Posts: 15
    Options
    Guess I'll do this.

Yesterday (June 1) 67 points remaining.
  • krythie
    Options
    We get free days?!

Date: June 3rd

Points Left: 49

Oh no...can't give up my yogurt!:noway: I buy FAGE Greek Yogurt, NF. It's really the only dairy I eat, aside from organic frozen yogurt. I use both in my smoothies. I'll just have to look elsewhere for foods to eliminate.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 2
    91 pts

This time cheddar cheese (twice), potato and almond milk were the culprits. I only took off 1 point for the almond milk even though it's not on the list. I figured since soy milk and rice milk are in level 3 then almond milk would probably be there too.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 3
    87pts
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    June 2
    -25 points. Whaaa?
    78-25 = 53 points

June 3
    18 points
    53-18 = 35 points

I admit I didn't do very well this weekend. I went out to the theater with my daughter on Saturday night and was decadent: I ate some m&ms and a 1/2 of a chocolate chip cookie. I hardly ever do that. Fortunately, I think that has passed.

I plan to do better.

This really does make you think back on your choices. While you may actually think you are eating well, the subtraction of points (and resulting balance) definitely shows you the true picture.
  • krythie
    Options
    Hi there...I took a good look at the greek yogurt that I eat and it does not have sugar listed as an ingredient. The sugars come from the lactose in the milk...milk sugars. My yogurt is actually a sugar free yogurt, since nonfat milk is a level one food, and that is what is listed on my yogurt ingredients. Sound right? So I will be adding back in 5 points per day for my yogurt for the past several days. Glad I took a minute to really check that out. Still not doing that great. It was potato chip week-end at work! I love potato chips way too much, but only at work. Never buy or eat them at home!

Date: June 4th

Points Left: 32
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 2
    -25 points. Whaaa?
    78-25 = 53 points

June 3
    18 points
    53-18 = 35 points

I admit I didn't do very well this weekend. I went out to the theater with my daughter on Saturday night and was decadent: I ate some m&ms and a 1/2 of a chocolate chip cookie. I hardly ever do that. Fortunately, I think that has passed.

I plan to do better.

This really does make you think back on your choices. While you may actually think you are eating well, the subtraction of points (and resulting balance) definitely shows you the true picture.

Doesn't it? Every time I'm about to eat something now I'm like, "how many points am I gonna have to subtract?" So far this has been working really well for me. It actually stopped me from having a slice of cake that my mom baked yesterday.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 4
    84 pts

I use peanut butter in my post-workout drink. I workout 5 times a week. I have to subtract 5 points everytime I use peanut butter. You do the math. Obviously that's just way too many points I'd have to subtract. I COULD cut out the peanut butter, but it gives a nice taste to the drink. I can't get natural peanut butter here so I did the next best thing, I made my own PB. I googled it and found a nice recipe for making it. I used peanuts, canola oil and honey. Definitely not as nice and smooth like the one I buy, but I still get a nice taste for my smoothie. So instead of subtracting 5 points, I only need to subtract 2 (1 for the canola oil and 1 for the honey). Nice compromise I think.
  • krythie
    Options
    I applaud anyone who makes and cooks from scratch. I really dislike cooking, but I have had to cook a little more since starting this challenge. I did go to Bruegger's and get the veggie/hummus bagel, but that was instead of going to get fried chicken and a milkshake at my favorite deli (which is actually where I was headed). I still ate too many points, but I was halted from making a serious fried and fatty mistake. All due to this challenge and your support.

Date: June 5th

Points Left: 11 :frown: