RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
:)

Replies

• MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

well, it's been 3 full weeks of packing lunches and really being successful and i hope to have a real showing on the scales next monday.

I was successful today at work...had a lunch meeting which means restaurant food :devil: . I ordered a grilled salmon sandwich; ditched the bread half way through and ate only 1/2 the fries. Truly I had ordered a salad with BC on the side but took the fries since the place was swamped.

I am feeling that I'm really rounding the corner and fully committing since I've been back online and reading the successes BIG and SMALL only helps to keep me moving forward.

Here's to all the PinUps and our continued success:drinker:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    After a really stagnant couple of months of weight loss, my weight loss has begun to pick up in the last week and a half. The cause? Two new puppies. They keep me walking pretty much all day long with their tiny little bladders and tons of energy for playtime. I am also still training for my half marathon in July, so I'm sure the pups have upped my calorie burn immensely.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had a great weigh in on Monday but slowly I'm creeping up already. The sodium levels have been way too high these last few days. Need to drink up! :drinker:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great job anvy0530! Puppies and kids definitely keep you on your toes. After a crazy weekend and then being sick for 2 days I'm starting to feel better. Trying to make good choices, but I really have to move my *kitten* now. We've got a busy week but thankfully there's nothing going on this weekend.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Had final weigh-ins/strength testing for the weight class I signed up for (that I didn't get to DO thanks to our toddler gym ban) today. I kicked BUTT! The highest results in the class were mine at a 4% body fat loss!!! BMI wasn't so great at a loss of only 0.7, but It's still a loss and considering the lack of weights access, I'm taking this as a WIN:drinker:
    All signed up for round 2. :drinker:
    Our class is the "Guinea pig" for the gym taking on a "continuing education in weight training for Women" program. So, that means the success of OUR class can pave the way for the future success of other women's weight classes.
    When we found that out, we sat down and decided, since WE are no longer afraid of the weight room, we are going to work EXTRA hard this round to show major results. We're also starting up a "group run" to make sure we keep our cardio up enough to SHOW a difference this time. We each admitted to slacking off last round in either cardio or honest ability to lift, but if the success of our class determines the success of the program and their decision to KEEP the class for future women, we want them to have that opportunity.
    This round, on the first day we will exchange phone numbers, e-mail addresses, work schedules and we will set up run times and a system of personal accountability to keep us all involved.
    The class goal is to lose a total of 50lbs in the 8week course. That means each woman will have to lose about 7lbs each. Some of us don't have that much (we have 2 serious marathon runners that are only looking to "firm up" what they have), and others have some to spare. It averages out to just over 1lb lost per week per woman and I think it will even out among the 7 of us and be do-able. :happy:
    Anyway, that's what's happening in my little world this week. We get the next 2 weeks "off" and then it's on to round TWO!
    Oh, and the class starts up the same day my husband might FINALLY make it home. The last week of June TOTALLY rocks!!! :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    LindaLouLu - what a great day you had! Your class at the gym sounds fabulous. It really helps having other people to support and motivate you. Got my fingers crossed for your DH :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Rach Re: profile photo

You should be totally proud of yourself. You went from pretty chunky to being built like a (as the old saying goes) brick sh!thouse! That's a compliment in case there's any confusion. I strive to look like you when I'm done here. (Well, probably with a few wrinkles you don't have yet.) :glasses:
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Super super bad week!! Getting back on track in the morning!!