June Challenge

Options

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I applaud anyone who makes and cooks from scratch. I really dislike cooking, but I have had to cook a little more since starting this challenge. I did go to Bruegger's and get the veggie/hummus bagel, but that was instead of going to get fried chicken and a milkshake at my favorite deli (which is actually where I was headed). I still ate too many points, but I was halted from making a serious fried and fatty mistake. All due to this challenge and your support.

Date: June 5th

Points Left: 11 :frown:

Good for you!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 5
    81 pts

I keep eating the same things over and over so I keep losing about or the same # of points.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chicken pot pie!!!! Oh well. I'll do better next week. Now I have more of an idea what to eat to help me conserve points.

Date: June 6th

• jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 6
    75 pts

Today sucked because I had a long meeting at work and did not go properly prepared food wise so all I could do was snack on some whole grain crackers. At least I didn't eat any of the cupcakes and donuts they served!
  • krythie
    Options
    Good for you...donuts can be hard to resist. Unfortunately at work we had an unscheduled potato chip night. I didn't take as many as I would have before this challenge...so I am cutting back on my addiction. I did mange to stay clean away from all the foods on my short list, so I think I am going to include fried foods starting this week, since I had success with the fried chicken temptation. Anyway. Tomorrow is a new week.

Date: June 7th

Points left: -41
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Good for you...donuts can be hard to resist. Unfortunately at work we had an unscheduled potato chip night. I didn't take as many as I would have before this challenge...so I am cutting back on my addiction. I did mange to stay clean away from all the foods on my short list, so I think I am going to include fried foods starting this week, since I had success with the fried chicken temptation. Anyway. Tomorrow is a new week.

Date: June 7th

Points left: -41

Great! So you'll be starting at 100 pts again tomorrow. Try to beat the -41 you made this week. It's not the end of the day for me yet but I anticipate finishing with maybe 68 - 70 pts.
  • krythie
    Options
    Bravo...great job!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 7
    71 pts

@krythie - Thanks!

I hope can do just as well this week. Not trying to beat that though, it was hard enough. I think I'll be satisfied once I don't go below 70. Lost 2 lbs this week and a fraction of an inch from my bust, waist and hips. This is definitely motivating me to keep up with this challenge.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Only 2 members kept up with the challenge this week, myself and krythie. <Round of applause>
    Great going krythie! Hope others will join us this week.

Week 2 now begins so we're back at 100 pts...
  • krythie
    Options
    Started off my new week better...but still not as well as I would have liked. They really offer very unhealthy dinners at work. At least I opted out of the enormous cheese and hamburger burrito. I don't even want to know how many calories and fat was in that! And I skipped the instant mashed potatoes. Couldn't get it together to say no to my generous co-worker who offered me some teeny hershey bars.

Date: June 8th

Points left: 79
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    @krythie - It's great that you were able to resist those things.

June 8
    98 pts
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 9
    91 pts

I went crazy today with my eating. Ate over my calories to make up for eating under my calories yesterday. I ended up eating some things I shouldn't eat like mozzarella cheese. Oh well, back on track tomorrow.
  • krythie
    Options
    Hey...it's okay. I am having a juicing and fruit smoothie "rest of the week-end" after eating bad foods for the last 2 days. i didn't give in to high calorie foods a the barbecue. But I am still eating carbs and sugar at work. The cravings are unbelievable during that time. Any ideas how to overcome the intense want?

Date: June 9

Ponts left: 58
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Hey...it's okay. I am having a juicing and fruit smoothie "rest of the week-end" after eating bad foods for the last 2 days. i didn't give in to high calorie foods a the barbecue. But I am still eating carbs and sugar at work. The cravings are unbelievable during that time. Any ideas how to overcome the intense want?

Date: June 9

Ponts left: 58

I use fruits for my sweet cravings. Mangoes and bananas. I'm eating like 3 fruits a day now which is very unsual for me. Before I used to have like 1 every few days or so. Also, thinking about this challenge has kept me on the straight and narrow. Not only that, but I monitor my body fat % and inches on a weekly basis. For a while I had plateaued and sometimes even increased, but 1 week into this challenge my body fat % went down 0.9% and my tummy went down a fraction of an inch so I'm SUPER happy.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    My previous post must have jinxed me because I had a serious sugar craving yesterday. Or it could have been seeing the banana muffins my mom made... Anyway, not wanting to lose too many points, I did a search for a sweet CLEAN dessert and found this: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-oatmeal-raisin-cashew-cookies/

I tried it and it was great, except I added a little salt after tasting the first batch just because I thought it needed it.

June 10
    84 pts

Seems as if my points are going so quickly this time around. It's the damn cheese, I'm addicted. I had mozzarella cheese the day before AND yesterday. No more cheese for the rest of the week.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    June 11
    76 pts

Certainly not doing as well this week as last week. Ended up having chicken with skin today at work because there were no other options and I didn't bring my own lunch. With 3 days left in this week, I will definitely be going under 70 pts :(
  • krythie
    Options
    Hi...am still here on the challenge. Having an annoying food week. I will post my points later this week because I am having so much stress at work. Good luck with your week. You are doing ever so much better than I am. Chin Up!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Glad to know you're still here. Hang in there, we've all had bad days/weeks which tend to affect our eating as well. Remember, I'm always here for support and encouragement if you need it.

AFM, yesterday I had to attend a conference put on by my workplace. I left home early and didn't have breakfast (shame on me) thinking that they would provide some fruits or something that would tide me over till lunch time. All they had were donuts, cakes, and ham with cheese sandwiches. I was so hungry I decided to take out the ham and then I would only have to subtract points for the cheese BUT then I realized that the sandwiches had mayonnaise also. DAMMIT. So all I had was a cup of water and had to wait until lunch time to eat. Thankfully they had baked chicken so I took a breast and removed the skin and ate that with a piece of baked potato. By the time I got home I was RAVISHED. Hope I don't have anymore of those days.

June 12
    74 pts
  • krythie
    Options
    I completely blew it this week and not even done yet. Still managed to eat better than i have in the past

Date: June 14

Points left: -101

Embarassed!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    No need to be. The important thing is you're keeping track so you know where you're falling short and can make better choices next time.