Morrissons new fruit/ veg section

Options
Hello

I don't have a morrisons close to me so haven't seen what's supposed to be a fantastic new range of fresh fruit and veg. A work colleague said there is lots of new and strange choices of things, which has me intrigued.

Has anyone seen this in store?

Replies

• jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't often shop in Morrisons but was there recently and found myself picking up a dragon fruit and thinking that I'd never seen it on sale in a general supermarket before.

Suppose it's a good thing if you're getting bored of eating the same stuff, and want to try new recipes.
  • chocs_away
    chocs_away Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say that- I was just in Morrisons for the first time in ages yesterday and had a look. Lots of nice things, red kale I can recommend - I grow this myself but have never seen it for sale. Lots of nice looking radishes as well.
  • ae2rigc
    ae2rigc Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm not a Morrisons regular but I do find their fruit and veg (fruit especially) is much higher quality and better value than anyone else, hadn't seen about the new range but will deffo check out, thanks for the heads up.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, haven't been to Morrisons in a while; will have to have a look!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in ours since they've redone the fruit/veg section (they'd just rearranged the rest of the shop leading to a long hunt for the normal items last time I was in) but my Dad has and said he didn't think there was that much that unusual - maybe because we have a huuuuuuge Tesco near us as the nearby Asda is well stocked too.
    I agree with what someone else said about the fruit being a higher quality. Even if I need nothing else, I walk to Morrisons for my apples - they're always much crisper and larger then the other supermarket ones. I prefer the bread too and meat is frequently better as well.
  • wantangbob
    wantangbob Posts: 22
    Options
    I tend to go to Sainbury's myself. Shopping in Morrisons always feels like stepping back into the 1970's with the general decor.
    I grow alot anyway...
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I know what you mean about the decor, also how the fish section is situated at the entrance so you are greeted with a stink

On my next day off, whenever that is, I plan to go as someone said there's Japanese fruit displayed on some kind of dry ice smoking thing!

Ps I recognise I have no life to be excited over this!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I went earlier out of curiosity (and I needed some foil, lol). There's various fruits I've never heard of and lots of new leafy stuff (which has the what I assume to be cool air/steam thing over it. Didn't feel all that cold to me though. Apparently there's a 'bed of ice' under it.) Seems to be a wider choice of apples, they were still nearly out of bananas and lots more soft fruits. I never made it up as far as the veg.