Getting a little discouraged (and slightly TMI)

Options
kadins_momma07
kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
Hey Ladies, Just coming here to vent a little bit.

So when I introduced myself I said that I had Mirena and got it removed on April 5th, started my period on the 6th and ended up having a regular cycle, I think I even ovulated that month. Well So far for May/June, I haven't started my period yet, I'm on cycle day 32 and don't think my period will be coming anytime soon. I'm not cramping or anything. I was hopin to start around June 3rd. Day 32 is not TOO late, but I had hopes that my body was getting back to normal. My CM has been just crazy this month, especially the last couple of weeks, it's been a little of each kind of CM there is. A week or so ago it was super egg-white, a few days ago it was white and stretchy/creamy, and everywhere in between. No real questions here, just putting my thoughts out there. Maybe some of you PCOS have this problem sometimes too? Crossing my fingers that I start my period and get a new cycle going soon.

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem - I went off the pill in December, had one normal cycle and since then (January) - nothing! I have been taking Metformin for the last month and a half and in the last few weeks, I have had absolutely crazy CM. I've had EWCM three separate times, about a week apart each time. I have no clue what's going on - my only guess is that the estrogen is increasing and my body is trying to ovulate but not ovulating (or hopefully one of these times I did ovulate).
  • EJED724
    EJED724 Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't know if this makes you feel better, but its the same old story over here. I'm a little farther into the process but its been 2 months since my last cycle. I have heard its pretty common (30% chance) that someone with PCOS will ovulate right after they go off the pill. I'm pretty sure I didn't, though. I have also heard that cm can be kinda wonky in PCOS ladies, but I haven't seen anything official on that.

I have heard several ladies say that it takes a while for the metformin to do its job, so stick with it!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for responding ladies, at least I know I'm not alone and that most likely nothing is wrong. I'm not on any medication, my doctor hasn't "officially" said I have PCOS, she said "it sounds like you have PCOS". So, we shall see what else she says when I see her in July.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    i joined fertilityfriend.com, which some of the ladies on here had recommended. You can chart all your signs, including BBT but I wanted to wait on the BBT until my next cycle starts, whenever that is. When I was TTC the first time, my cycles were about six to eight weeks. It has now been over four months, and nothing. Very discouraging. But I have lost 12 lbs., so at least there's that.