Insanity Nutrition Guide and MFP

Options
Hey guys
Ive been doing insanity for just over a week now, and was only eating 1200 cals/day. However, I was feeling so depleted and found myself having mini binges at night especially. I'm on my feet all day at work walking around and cleaning on top of working out 6 days a week. So I did the calculations and now I'm up to 1900 calories per day. I hope this works out in my favour as I have read some of the other posts on here, and feel encouraged. I eat a lot of the recipies in the nutrition guide too. Has anyone else found the same?--just exhaustion and feeling depleted?? I have always found working out to give me more energy... not less!

Replies

• amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am trying for the 1900 calories also (thats what the guide tells me too). I usually get to 1600-1800 but never have gotten all the way to 1900 (still working on that). I am eating some things from the guide and really working on the 40carb/40protein/20fat. I find it hard to get all my protein in is that a problem for you too?

As for energy, I have tons of energy. I usually do insanity in the morning after work (mind you I only tutor during the summer so its not a full day, just a few hours) and then I have time and energy to do some exercise at night. I have done walking, running, yoga, strength training, all with plenty of energy. I use shakeology and love the energy that gives me. What sorts of things are you eating?
  • jmm27
    jmm27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just up'd my calories too. I did the 1st round of Insanity with little results (or less than I feel like I should have). So on my 2nd round I figured I would give following the nutrition guide a shot. I feel like Im eating so much but Im giving it a try. Feel free to add me and we can track each others progress on this journey :)
  • marija88
    marija88 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am trying for the 1900 calories also (thats what the guide tells me too). I usually get to 1600-1800 but never have gotten all the way to 1900 (still working on that). I am eating some things from the guide and really working on the 40carb/40protein/20fat. I find it hard to get all my protein in is that a problem for you too?

As for energy, I have tons of energy. I usually do insanity in the morning after work (mind you I only tutor during the summer so its not a full day, just a few hours) and then I have time and energy to do some exercise at night. I have done walking, running, yoga, strength training, all with plenty of energy. I use shakeology and love the energy that gives me. What sorts of things are you eating?

Yeah, I've been eating around 1200 + what I burn through workouts each day up until now. Yesterday I tried eating 1900 and i felt like i ate SO MUCH!!! Getting all of my protein isn't really an issue, between shakes and I eat a lot of fish and chicken. I couldnt even reach the 1900 calories yesterday because I feel like I got so used to eating around 1500 per day. As for what else I'm eating... A lot of the recipies from the nutrition guide, a lot of eggs, egg whites, fish, chicken, salad, fruits, and veg. I think I'm doing okay, as I have lost almost 4lbs so far... And I've only been doing it for like 2 weeks. I just don;t know if my lack of energy is attributed to the caloric deficit, orrrr yeah... :S
  • marija88
    marija88 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just up'd my calories too. I did the 1st round of Insanity with little results (or less than I feel like I should have). So on my 2nd round I figured I would give following the nutrition guide a shot. I feel like Im eating so much but Im giving it a try. Feel free to add me and we can track each others progress on this journey :)

Yeah, I feel like ate a TON yesterday.. how many are you supposed to eat per day? I felt like yesterday was a cheat day haha, thats how much I felt like I ate... But i did have a pretzel bun, and a white ciabatta bun which could have added to that feeling :S
  • jmm27
    jmm27 Posts: 34
    Options
    Depending on my activity for the day Im supposed to eat 1750 to 1975. I adjust according to how much activity I do that day. Its crazy thinking about eating a 350 calorie snack! But hey Im already starting to see changes. :) Stick with it and Im sure you'll be noticing things soon! We'll help each other stay motivated (I need help not binging on chocolate) Im a sweet freak!! :-/
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you.. chocolate/sweets are my weaknesses as well! It's so hard living with my parents who constantly have cookies, pies, ice cream, exc. in the house. I'm doing my best and working myself like crazy, we will all get results and we can all keep pushing each other. You ladies keep me working hard! Keep it up!
  • ChristinaWgettingfit
    Options
    I'm so with you.. chocolate/sweets are my weaknesses as well! It's so hard living with my parents who constantly have cookies, pies, ice cream, exc. in the house. I'm doing my best and working myself like crazy, we will all get results and we can all keep pushing each other. You ladies keep me working hard! Keep it up!

story of my life! my father probably single handed keeps little debbie/hostess in business, and the man is in great shape. the temptation is a huge pain in the *kitten*
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    I upped my calories from netting 1000 to netting 1250 and I lost 3 pounds this week. So I think if u are hungry or under calories EAT my man has almost 500 calorie breakfasts!! We do mostly Protien and only fats from cheese and peanut butter. I love insanity and haw always hated workin out until I found it!