Is it okay to eat "bad" calories once a day??

Options
So, I know we've been talking about not eating sugar and unclean foods. I'm having a really hard time 100 percent cutting them out. I did it well for two weeks and then caved in. Even though it's not the healthiest, is it okay to have unhealthy calories once a day if it fits within your calorie range?? Like I'm eating Italian ices now. Is this going to affect our weight loss?? When I did WW, I used to eat a WW ice cream everyday and lost a TON of weight. Anyone else do this??

Replies

• christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight with having a reasonable treat here or there. Italian ice is not too bad neither is weight watcher's ice cream bars. The only issue I sometimes find for me is that it awakens the urge for more sugar so for a while I can have just one and be fine but then one day, even a month from now, i might go and binge because I am wanting more and more of the sweetness. But that is just me and I have no idea if that would happen anyway or not. But i can tell you the first month or so I did have one piece of dark chocolate, one WW ice cream, whatever and I did still lose weight. I just think most of your diet has to be clean, like 90%.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I really try not to have anything "bad" but sometimes my sweet tooth kicks in around dinner. If that happens I normally grab a cookie and drink it with coffee.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The way I look at food is this... there are no foods that should be considered "off limits"... or however you would like to classify them. All things in moderation of course. I know for me, certain things are trigger foods for me. I simply can't just have 1... the moment I do, all bets are off, and commence the binge.....

I think being mindful of how you feel while eating whatever it is that you want, how you feel after you eat it... if it satisfied you without giving the urge to want more... then go for it! :flowerforyou: