What is everyone doing to reach their goal?

Options
tchndiva25
tchndiva25 Posts: 6 Member
Walking and basic calisthenics have been my routine for this week. Tracking my meals on MFP have really allowed me to manage my eating. What are some of the things you all are doing ? Please share.

Replies

• Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Exercise wise...I walk either on my treadmill or do Leslie Sansone Walking Dvd's, I attend Zumba classes 1-2 x a week and I hoop (as in hula-hooping) almost every single day !! I also recently started back into Pilates.
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    HulaHoop ... how awesome is that!!! I have one in my garage ... I think I may have to dust that sucker off :laugh: I've just been at if for a few days now. To reach my goal so far I've joined MFP to keep track of my eating and for the support, I've started using some supplements to help with some deficiencies, I've looked out and set up my Heart Rate Monitor, and I've tried each day to better yesterday's calories burned. Now I'm thinking I might try a little hula hoop and a little Zumba tonight since it's a rainy day here.

hula-hoop.jpg
  • tchndiva25
    tchndiva25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I never knew hula hooping was considered exercise! I loved that as a kid (no wonder I was so skinny then :happy: ). That is going on my shopping list today! I'm down 3 lbs. this week and it feels really good. Staying on track this weekend is my big push. That tends to be a challenge as I am out and about for most of the weekend. I'll take any suggestions on how to stay on track.
    thx for sharing!
  • tammyymmat
    tammyymmat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    will try hard to stay out of the kitchen after dinner, am a night eater ): love the hula hoop idea! i am on the excersize bike daily, but need to work on my middle. thanks, think i will get one.
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have set some mini-goals for myself for this summer challenge:
    1. Eat... 4-5 vegetable/fruit servings each day - with emphasis on veggies.
    2. Drink... 120-140 ozs of water each day
    3. Exercise... 30 mins cardio 3-4 days a week, 30 min strength training 3 days a week

I am very dedicated to my food diary, so this is not the challenge for me. It's taking the time to plan my meals and fit my exercise into an already creazy summer schedule. But I know I can do it...just have to do it!!
  • FortyBelow
    FortyBelow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone!

Happy to be on this summer challenge with each of you!

So what am I doing to reach my goal... Eat less and move more!

Objective #1: Eat breakfast daily. Although I love breakfast food and I generally wake around 5am, I often have my first meal of the day around 1pm. I plan to develop a new routine and habit this summer.

Objective #2: Sleep well. I have developed a bad habit of falling asleep on the couch, then waking up in the middle of the night to go to bed. I intend to resist the siren calls of my couch, and enjoy an uninterrupted night's rest by going to sleep in my bed. (What a concept!)

Objective #3: Drink more water. I like water, but I LOVE fruit juices and soda pop. I am working to change this dynamic. I am setting small goals for myself - carrying my water bottle wherever I go, drinking water at restaurants instead of ordering a pop, etc. By the end of the summer, I hope to be drinking water regularly as a habit and not as a forced, reluctant choice.

Objective #4: Walk everywhere. My life is very sedentary. I sit and work at my computer all day. On my breaks, I plan to get up and go for a walk around the block instead of remaining seated and calling a friend. I love to walk, and it's s bit sad that walking is a bit of a challenge for me at times. That's going to change here soon!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,
    Kristine