UPDATE! Amnio test results are in!

Options
JulaMonster
JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
Well, it has been one hell of a couple of weeks for us, but the waiting is over and we just got the early results from the amniocentesis I had on Monday, and they are NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you missed my post a few weeks ago, the results from my sequential screen (similar to the triple or quad screen) came back abnormal, with a 1:5 chance of Down Syndrome and a 1:51 chance of Trisomy 18 (we were initially told a 1:5 chance for Trisomy 18 as well, but found out the next day we were told wrong). I had an amnio on Monday, and though our health coverage didn't cover the FISH test that can give results early (usually 3 days, as opposed to the final results in 10-14 days), we opted to pay cash for the faster results, and man I swear it's the best $450 we've ever spent!!!!!!!!!! The results are normal, the FISH test has about a 95% accuracy, and we'll still get the final results (with a 99% accuracy) in another week or so, and we are SO relieved I can't even tell you all... And the baby is without doubt a girl! (We found out at our 12 week u/s that it probably was a girl, and then again confirmed that during the ultrasound on Monday before the amnio, so it wasn't a surprise, teehee). It has been an incredibly difficult two weeks or so, so I am so glad to have an answer, and that the answer is GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, I'm 16 weeks (16w5d actually), feeling good, and now that the stress and worry is over with, feeling GREAT!!!!! We have a HEALTHY baby girl coming our way in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That is amazing news! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your healthy little girl!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that. I didn't think I wanted that screening done anyway, but you just confirmed it for me! Glad you are back :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    What a relief! So thankful everything is okay :)
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Welcome back:)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    And congrats on the girl!!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Oh thats great news. Hopefully you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
  • dq1479
    dq1479 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great news! So happy to hear! :)
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That's amazing news! Cheers to your baby girl and a huge stress lifted from your shoulders! :happy:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yay, congrats! The odds were in your favor for sure