Target Member Really Struggling! Need help!

Options
Evening guys,
I'm Joanna and manage to get to my weight loss target of 149.5lbs just 14months after my journey began. I never once thought I'd reach my goal and loose the amazing 112lbs I did but sadly lately its creeping back on. I feel like to the hell with it all, I just can't get motivated enough to prepare and plan meals or to even stick to plan and keep a food diary. The slightest little thing seems to off set me into a huge binge!

I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and managed to regain the motivation and stick to target?

I weighed in at my slimming group Thursday night for the first time in 4 weeks to see I'd gained 3.5lbs, making me 2.5lb over my target range.

help!

Replies

• vanderandkarl
    Options
    hi Joanna

i think maintaining is hard i see others on fb groups saying the same thing.

maybe get weighed every week for 6 weeks to see how you fair

good luck and DO NOT GIVE UP
    also it may help you to get something that weights 112lbs and feel how heavy it actually is and wthats what u did carry and it may shock you in to not wanting to return to that weight x
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    wow you have done amazing, and look at your profile photo!! Well done you!!

I know its easy to say and hard to do but don't give up, 3 times I have been so close to target and then put it all back on, and I am not going there again.

Keep going to group and weigh in (it is free if in target isn't it?) I know you will have to pay this week, but it may help you to stay on focus.

Re-read your books, try a food diary again, in the book it says to try adding an extra healthy extra at a time and see on your maintenance

There is a lady at our group, she has been at target for 16 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I think the key is keep going to class and staying for image therapy. That way you have to be accounted for and it is less tempting to stray off course. At least that is the case for the target members in my group.