Crossfit and Paleo

Options
lostalykat
lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
These go hand in hand, in my book they emphasize paleo. I have been reading about it and it seems challenging. I almost want to give it a try to see how I feel. Does anyone have any insight on the subject?

Replies

• aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My entire box just started a 60 day Paleo Challenge. Currently on Day 4. It has been interesting so far.. Not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Its not so bad. I mostly follow it. I think of it as really no flour and sugar. Except I cant give up beer.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Back in January I did a paleo challenge with my box and was able to be pretty strict for 30 days. I was really surprised by how much better I felt. My energy levels were good and stable. Joints felt better. Sleep quality improved. Skin improved. Even had some hair on my head grow back. But I didn't lose very much weight. I still try to follow a mostly paleo/primal diet but lately have been eating way too much sugar. Overall I believe paleo to be a good diet for me.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I try to follow paleo most of the time but I cheat here and there. Try to think of it as eliminating refined and processed foods mostly. Its actually not that difficult to stick to.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's great! I've slipped lately and am feeling the consequences, need to tighten back up my choices. Cheese is my problem.
  • kimfield99
    kimfield99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly along the lines of paleo, but can't give up foods like beans, quinoa and oats. Whole grains that haven't been processed extensively are okay in my book if they are consumed in moderation. White flour and sugar have always been a rarity in my diet once I realized how little they add to you nutrition. I would much rather have veggies and fruit than refined and processed foods. I would much rather have more of the fresh stuff than boring old bread.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There is a primal/paleo support group on MFP. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • luminousluz
    luminousluz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started with Paleo in mid January mainly to help my teeange daughter with horrible gastro-intestine issues that she'd struggled with for many years. I also wanted to improve my health and hoped it would kick-start some weight loss! The changes were amazing for my daughter's health - her "tummy" problems completely went away after about 2-3 weeks of strict Paleo. And, the pounds started falling off for me, but the energy boost was probably the best part! We were strict Paleo for about 2 months. In March, we found Crossfit, and have continued on modified Paleo (I include corn, cheese, and butter, and my daughter includes soy). I think it's best to start off strict for at least 30 days ~ kind of a detox! Then, modify to something you can live with.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I think my fiance and I are going to give it a try after my bridal shower next month :)
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    we just came off a strict 30 day challenge. I tend to be about 80% paleo anyway, but I do enjoy creamer in my coffee and the occasional snack of cheese. After the first week of no sugar/flour you stop craving it and it gets easy. The first month I tried it, I lost 14 pounds. My husband did the challenge with me and lost 10. I just feel healthier overall when I eat that way.