Target Metabolism

Options
klalaw
klalaw Posts: 142 Member
Anybody try this weight loss program, based in Avon, Center Grove, and Carmel?

http://www.targetmetabolism.com/

I discovered them several months ago, when I was trying to find somewhere local to get my metabolism tested. After a LOT of back and forth over whether I wanted to spend the money on a program, I signed up with them last month. So far, my results are good - I'm continuing to lose, and have actually started losing at a slightly faster rate. I'm struggling a bit, though, with their philosophy of NOT eating calories back - I miss getting thos extra calories on exercise days, and find that I'm actually exercising less as a result.

Just curious as to whether anyone else had tried the program or heard anything about it...

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Anybody try this weight loss program, based in Avon, Center Grove, and Carmel?

http://www.targetmetabolism.com/

I discovered them several months ago, when I was trying to find somewhere local to get my metabolism tested. After a LOT of back and forth over whether I wanted to spend the money on a program, I signed up with them last month. So far, my results are good - I'm continuing to lose, and have actually started losing at a slightly faster rate. I'm struggling a bit, though, with their philosophy of NOT eating calories back - I miss getting thos extra calories on exercise days, and find that I'm actually exercising less as a result.

Just curious as to whether anyone else had tried the program or heard anything about it...

My wife (kathyazach on here) went there a few months ago. She didn't seem to have a lot of luck with them (especially compared to the money she spent). I talked her into just following an exercise/diet program using MFP for tracking, and she seems to be doing better with that for less money (well she's really using the money to pay for exercise classes, but that seems better to me).
  • klalaw
    Options
    That's too bad... How long did she do their program?

I've had some success so far, but not really that much more than I was achieving on my own, and I'm wondering at what point I might try tweaking the program to try to get better results (i.e., going back to eating back exercising calories, at least some of them). I'm feeling really hungry this week for some reason, which has me frustrated with this aspect of the program...
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    That's too bad... How long did she do their program?

I've had some success so far, but not really that much more than I was achieving on my own, and I'm wondering at what point I might try tweaking the program to try to get better results (i.e., going back to eating back exercising calories, at least some of them). I'm feeling really hungry this week for some reason, which has me frustrated with this aspect of the program...

I'm not real familiar with the specifics 2-3 months probably. You could try to message her..
  • kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i did the program the manditory 6 mo and was not really that pleased with anything they had to offer other than finding out my "true" metabolism rate. I also do not like their philosophy of not eating back your calories when you exercise, their answer to me was there's no accurate way to know how many calories you burn while exercising, so they want you to stick with the calories they deem will help you to lose weight. also they feel exercise is not an effective way to lose weight, proven by some research study. i was very frustrated by the end of the program d/t only losing 6 lbs in 6 months and really stopped listening to what they had to say and just went in for the massages and weigh in/body fat test. i started following the MFP plan and wore my HRM while working out and now i'm losing weight again. unfortunately there is no way to get out of the program (I checked) and just live with the fact you spent all that money for pretty much nothing, but live and learn! ;-)
  • klalaw
    Options
    Yep, that's exactly what they told me about exercise. Frustrating! I really hesitated to sign up, but ultimately did it because I wanted the metabolic testing. I'm going to keep trying it for now, at least, but if I start to plateu or gain, I may just start netting out my exercise calories again without telling them...