Bible Scripture Monday June 7, 2012 & Thoughts for today

Options
Zee48
Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
Something I had never thought about but if we are full of worry and fear then we are basically telling God that what He did for us, and what Jesus did for us on the cross, just isn't enough. Worry is a form of unbelief!

Mark 9:24 (KJV) {in part}
24 ..........., Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Luke 12:22-31 (NIV)
Do Not Worry
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

John 16:33 (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Replies

• ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I gave up worry for Lent and it was the most freeing thing I've ever done for myself. So when Lent was over I didn't let Worry come back into my life. I do still Care and feel Concern for friends and various issues that cross my path. But when I feel something start to consume me the way Worry would I stop, pray, and visualize it being released to God.

Fear - I'm still working on.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Erie how wonderful that you gave up worry. We all need to do that but so many times we don't. The care and concern for others & their various issues to me shows love not worry as Christ loved us and showed His concern for us.

Fear is a hard one too but with Christ we can do all things - including conquering fear. There is a wonderful verse that I claim for this emotion.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

another version, same verse:

2 Timothy 1:7 (ERV)

7 The Spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His Spirit is a source of power and love and self-control.

Your attitude toward worry can be turned toward fear also.

Praying that God will give you the peace you need in whatever causes you fear.