PROMETHEUS

Options
After watching Prometheus last night my views on the film are still mixed.

I am not going to give an spoilers away but I am going to give you a few warnings so you are prepared...

1) You do not have to have seen the film Alien to watch Prometheus (In fact it's probably better if you know nothing about Alien).
2) If you have seen the film Alien, what you think will happen doesn't happen.
3) NOTHING you see on screen in Prometheus is on screen in the film Alien.
4) You will come out with more questions than answers.

Replies

• Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for thr heads up Ro0kin,going to see it tonight. I am a little worried it is going to ruin the Alien films for me so I'm glad it doesn't totally suck!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    That's good though, Scott did say he wanted it to be a separate entity but share the franchise or something along those lines a few years back when he picked up where he left off with Linelof. Still looking forward to seeing this on the big screen too :smile:
  • Ekoria
    Options
    My update is I thought it was ok. There were some good parts but it didn't rock my world!
  • atxlefty
    atxlefty Posts: 8
    Options
    I am going to go see it this Thursday night for the release in IMAX. Having been a pretty avid Alien fan, and with Ridley Scott directing this one, I have to admit i do have some high hopes for it.

I guess we will see!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    NOTHING you see on screen in Prometheus is on screen in the film Alien.

Space jockey?????
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options

Space jockey?????

Have you seen it? If you have then you know what I am talking about
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    2012-06-01-78db5ce.png
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It is the 'prequel' though, right?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing it tomorrow, on the company's dime and alcoholic drinks included, so it will be all good no matter what. :)
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Space jockey?????

Have you seen it? If you have then you know what I am talking about

oh man. now I really dont know what to expect...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    But the space jockey is in the trailer? awww man is this one of those flicks where they put something in the trailer that isn't in the film? Gah.

Oh well, at least Charlize and Michael will be awesome, just because they always are...
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My husband wants to see this. We have been arguing about the mutant levels of the x-men this past week so this might be a nice change.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know it's gotten some bad reviews but I went to see it before it came out (friend works in a cinema, free viewings when the reel comes in :wink: ) and I really liked it. I love the Alien films, and I found Prometheus just as good. I like that it leaves more questions than answers, but maybe that's just me.
    If anyone is considering not bothering with it because of reviews, I say ignore them! Judge for yourself :laugh:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    2012-06-01-78db5ce.png

ZOMG if that sound is anywhere in the film, then I don't think I want to see it.

It makes my head vibrate quite unpleasantly.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Stephen Colbert asked charlize theron if, at any point in the movie, her character came out of the stomach of another character.. I have a feel she doesn't... and so I'm sad
  • Ekoria
    Options
    I know it's gotten some bad reviews but I went to see it before it came out (friend works in a cinema, free viewings when the reel comes in :wink: ) and I really liked it. I love the Alien films, and I found Prometheus just as good. I like that it leaves more questions than answers, but maybe that's just me.
    If anyone is considering not bothering with it because of reviews, I say ignore them! Judge for yourself :laugh:
    ^^ Totally agree that you need to make up your own mind with films. My friend that took me to see it was on his 3rd viewing in as many nights. Unfortunately I did not find the same level of enthusiasm for the film, I found it a little lack lustre and the story line just seemed a little flimsy!

Don't let me put any of you off though!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    But the space jockey is in the trailer? awww man is this one of those flicks where they put something in the trailer that isn't in the film? Gah.

I don't want to give too much away but the space jockeys (Engineers) are indeed in Prometheus. But not the ship or the space jockey that appears in Alien. Think of it like this. The New York City Police Department appear in Die Hard 4 but you also see them on the streets in The Avengers. Different films but they are still the NYPD. The same goes for Vietnam War films. You see soldiers fighting in the film Platoon & in Hamburger Hill, it's the same war but different films. I hope that makes sense.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    It is the 'prequel' though, right?

Yes, sort of. It's set the same universe as the alien films.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

I don't want to give too much away but the space jockeys (Engineers) are indeed in Prometheus. But not the ship or the space jockey that appears in Alien. Think of it like this. The New York City Police Department appear in Die Hard 4 but you also see them on the streets in The Avengers. Different films but they are still the NYPD. The same goes for Vietnam War films. You see soldiers fighting in the film Platoon & in Hamburger Hill, it's the same war but different films. I hope that makes sense.

that..sounds like a spot on analogy
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Just got home from the cinema... I loved it and so did mrs ap sci. Lots of questions after but it was great IMHO.