Fast or slow zombies?

Options
linhmaimac
linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
Some thoughts while we wait for the next season:

I am deathly afraid that when IT happens, there will be the super warped fast zombies like in 28 Days Later or I am Legend...I really hope that they're more like Walkers. I have a 100% higher chance of survival if they are slow.

........Back on the treadmill in case its the former.

What kind of zombies do you think we'll encounter? Fast, parkour-like or slow, lazy ones?
And does anyone ever think about zapocalypse early in the morning when they go to open their garage door, like "OH **** - IT'S TIME TO GET DOWN!" and hope that you're not so scared that you can't start your car?

Replies

• Win0727
    Win0727 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think (hope!!) that the zombies will be relatively slow. First, just parts of their brain is reactivated. Which leaves to question motor skills. Secondly, they have to get somewhat mangled in the process. You don't become a zombie easily. At least that is how I hope it will be, because I haven't the cardio built up yet!! But I am pretty good with a gun, so I got the 'double tap' down!
  • linhmaimac
    Options
    what if the virus that caused them to turn into zombies made them faster?! eek! i personally think that it's gonna go down because of a cure for something that just went haywire.

side note: i cant believe "*kitten*" was censored in my original post. really? eh, life goes on.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking its going to be more like 28 Days Later. Whatever speed they were capable of in life. Thankfully, not all zombies will have been fast in real life.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking its going to be more like 28 Days Later. Whatever speed they were capable of in life. Thankfully, not all zombies will have been fast in real life.

Yeah, 28 Days later which were living people zombies infected by a virus. More like a severe case of rabies. Regular come-back-from-the-dead zombies are scary in a different way, but when it happens, they'll probably be fast.

And I wouldn't be scared of I Am Legend vampires. I would be thinking those are obviously fake horribly done CGI vampires.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I tend to think they'll be slow. They are, after all, decomposing. Either way though, cardio is key!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i would be horrified if they were fast like 28 days all i can think is of when they are in the tunnel trying to fix the tire. ahhhh so freaky i need slow ones lmao
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As long as they stay slow and dont go Resident Evil then im ok been working my cardio and upper body and I have a nice collection of ALUMINUM baseball bats..:smile:
  • linhmaimac
    Options
    i would be horrified if they were fast like 28 days all i can think is of when they are in the tunnel trying to fix the tire. ahhhh so freaky i need slow ones lmao

you just gave me the chills thinking of them running after us in a tunnel. i would literally piss my pants.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. for everyone mentioning Resident Evil,

you do remember that certain people became mutated into things that were no longer human, right?

Lickers, nemesis, plagas, giant spiders, tenticle things, rabid dogs/crows/wolves it would be just one big mess!

Think L4D too.

Imagine the horror of trying to outrun a hunter, or a spitter? Trying to shoot down a tank that just wont stay down? Or a crazed rabid witch that cries in the corner until you approach her? I mean if this virus can reanimate dead cells and reactivate the brain, why couldnt it make the host evolve to better feed on victims?

Lets dive a bit deeper. Its more likely that it would be a kind of rabid virus that affects the brain into a beastly eating machine because of all the reports of drug users being incredibly violent and..hungry as of late. Everything from bath salts to a new drug surfacing, we're looking more at a drug induced rage zombie rather than dry corpse walking. Now if it was a viral attack and not a drug zombie, then it is more likely to be that new rabies case.

I dont see myself running from a decomposing body with it's face gone. I see myself running from a foaming, bloody eyed, screaming man who has several cuts and gashes, but cant even feel it because his only mind set is to attack and eat. Maybe even missing limbs or broken bones. Like the above poster said though, re-animated zombies lack motor function, so the best they may be able to do is throw their maggot infested bodies at you and take you down with their dead weight. With the way drug research is going though, I'm expecting the rage virus, not the corpse rising. Unless its the whole biblical "dead rise" kinda thing..
  • linhmaimac
    Options

you do remember that certain people became mutated into things that were no longer human, right?

Lickers, nemesis, plagas, giant spiders, tenticle things, rabid dogs/crows/wolves it would be just one big mess!

Think L4D too.

Imagine the horror of trying to outrun a hunter, or a spitter? Trying to shoot down a tank that just wont stay down? Or a crazed rabid witch that cries in the corner until you approach her? I mean if this virus can reanimate dead cells and reactivate the brain, why couldnt it make the host evolve to better feed on victims?

Lets dive a bit deeper. Its more likely that it would be a kind of rabid virus that affects the brain into a beastly eating machine because of all the reports of drug users being incredibly violent and..hungry as of late. Everything from bath salts to a new drug surfacing, we're looking more at a drug induced rage zombie rather than dry corpse walking. Now if it was a viral attack and not a drug zombie, then it is more likely to be that new rabies case.

I dont see myself running from a decomposing body with it's face gone. I see myself running from a foaming, bloody eyed, screaming man who has several cuts and gashes, but cant even feel it because his only mind set is to attack and eat. Maybe even missing limbs or broken bones. Like the above poster said though, re-animated zombies lack motor function, so the best they may be able to do is throw their maggot infested bodies at you and take you down with their dead weight. With the way drug research is going though, I'm expecting the rage virus, not the corpse rising. Unless its the whole biblical "dead rise" kinda thing..

Youre straight up gangsta.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Think L4D too.

Youre straight up gangsta.

Word, homegirl.