Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast dilemma...

missmgray
missmgray Posts: 152 Member
Hi guys,

I am in need of some fresh ideas. I have been having a hard time keeping my calories balanced throughout the day since I seem to be hungriest in the morning. That and I wake up at around 6 daily and usually don't hit the hay till around midnight. And up with baby through out the night too...sooooo sleepy, can't think...Lol.

Does anyone have a super filling go-to breakfast that doesn't break the calorie bank?

Thanks =)

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    I like egg whites, turkey sausage, and whole wheat toast :smile:
  • missmgray
    I like egg whites, turkey sausage, and whole wheat toast :smile:

That sounds yummy.
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    I've found that 3 scrambled Egg Whites with some chopped up veggies and Turkey Bacon make a great breakfast. Not sure how many cals you get day but a little cheese or salsa mixed in while cooking is always great. Check out my diary from breakfast today if you want to see what I'm talking about for cals. Mind you I plan on using a non full fat cheese going forward. And the yogurt was because my son didn't want to finish it.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Not certain it's much help, but I've got a thing for oatmeal going at the moment. I make a week's batch and just nuke servings. it fills me up nicely.
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Breakfast is a problem for me too. I tend to just grab a fruit and sometimes a boiled egg. When I have time I like 2egg whites on a toasted bagel, unfortunately I still love american cheese ;)! Sometimes I forget and just crack the whole egg in the pan, just as good just more fat and calories with the yoke.

I have read about tapering your calories for the day. So, breakfast is the biggest, then lunch is medium, and dinner is smallest (calorie wise). I seem to make lunch the biggest, because my tiny breakfast probably.
  • missmgray
    Awesome suggestions guys, thanks so much...off to make some scrambled egg whites & veg now! =)
  • I have started having, a slice of wholemeal toast, with a dairylea cheese triangle and a dry fried egg on top. Yummy, low fat/cal, and keeps me going til lunch.