Exercise

Options
What kind of exercise do you enjoy?

Do you do any kind of exercise that you don't like, but do it anyways?

Replies

• kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love,love, love doing Just Dance! Not only is it a decent workout, it's also a great way to spend time with my 8 year old. We just ordered the 3rd one, and I can't wait for it to get here! I also love walking. There are 130 acres of woods behind my house with trails that are beautiful and peaceful. Lifting weights is also a favorite of mine, but moved so there aren't any gyms close by.
  • lashawnas
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba! LOVE it, the music is great and burns A LOT of calories!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I LOVE walking! It's a major part of my workout routine. I also LOVE going to the gym and getting on the arc trainer. It burns so many calories so quickly. I haven't really found anything that I hate yet, well maybe running, but I haven't really gotten to where I feel comfortable running yet. I really enjoy doing all kinds of workouts. I don't do much lifting of weights yet thought b/c I am focused on getting the #'s down right now. I do some basic weight machines at the gym but I don't do them excessively b/c no matter how lame it sounds I'm looking for the # right now.
  • rxwoman
    rxwoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym before having kids and now I just can't fit it in. I have been doing Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer every day for almost 4 wks and walking a couple times a week. Great workouts in a short amount of time. I could even squeeze it in if both kids are awake. I'll take measurements at the end of the week to see if I've lost any inches! I couldn't believe how weak I had gotten and it has really helped me feel stronger.

I never imagined it would be so difficult to fit exercise in after having kids. It makes me feel so much better about doing it!

Good to hear about Zumba. I bought some of the DVDs but haven't tried it yet. I think the dance workouts sound like fun.
  • Karen_145
    Options
    I hate exercise. Nothing I love better than sitting on my butt. I've made an effort to walk at least six days a week though. I used to be in a hiking group, which I actually enjoyed, but it got cancelled so now I can't hike (not doing alone for safety reasons).
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I take ballet twice a week and I love it. It is one of the only things I have ever been able to stick too. I like to swim, but there are no public pools nearby that have open swims when I can go and aren't a part of a gym.
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    jogging. it really is my go- to exercise. plus I feel great afterwards
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Walking - my absolute favorite exercise. Yoga is next - love the total body workout and pusing myself to do more.
  • LauraPankratz
    LauraPankratz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Zumba is probably my favorite. More specifically though, my Thursday night class. There is something about that instructor that just makes the class so much better. (I go Mondays & Thursdays currently)

I also enjoy step aerobics. I am hoping to sign up again for a January class through our local community education program.

Walking is my go to during the non-snow months.

I've tried running and right now it just doesn't agree with my knees, so that's on the back burner for a while. It also happens to be my least favorite thing, so maybe it's a mental thing for me.
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba! LOVE it, the music is great and burns A LOT of calories!

I have Zumba for xbox and just now realize that I have absolutely no rythm. :embarassed: And yet I continue to dance....:ohwell:
  • gabriella_0577
    Options
    My hubby is away at work the majority of the time so all of the child care falls on me plus I work a full time job....no boo hoo's here single mothers everywhere have done it with more than one child and I definately give them my respect. Anyways, all that babbling was a lead up to me saying I am finding it difficult to find time to work out. It is either late at night when my little man goes to bed or super early in the morning before he wakes up....both times are when i am exahausted. :yawn: Soooooooo - my plan is this....I will get the eliptical out of the garage and into my livingroom with the sole purpose of using it to exercise NOT as an extesion of my closet, to hang clothes on. I also want to get some strength training in to ton. I will move this mountain one pebble at a time and commit to each exercise with baby steps rather than all at once and overloading myself. What do you guys think?
  • jenniet04
    Options
    My hubby is away at work the majority of the time so all of the child care falls on me plus I work a full time job....no boo hoo's here single mothers everywhere have done it with more than one child and I definately give them my respect. Anyways, all that babbling was a lead up to me saying I am finding it difficult to find time to work out. It is either late at night when my little man goes to bed or super early in the morning before he wakes up....both times are when i am exahausted. :yawn: Soooooooo - my plan is this....I will get the eliptical out of the garage and into my livingroom with the sole purpose of using it to exercise NOT as an extesion of my closet, to hang clothes on. I also want to get some strength training in to ton. I will move this mountain one pebble at a time and commit to each exercise with baby steps rather than all at once and overloading myself. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good plan. That's exactly why my elliptical is in the basement in front of the TV, not in my room. I use it when it's cold outside. I also have to exercise in the morning before work, on my lunch break, or at night when I get home. I choose to get up at 5 am and exercise. It's tough some mornings, but I love having it done and out of the way first thing.
  • AnHadley1987
    AnHadley1987 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, new to the group! I love just about everything I do for exercise, I really, truly love running and am training for my second Half Marathon this October, my son will be 6 months by then. I ran my first Half last October at 13 weeks (can't wait to tell him that he was in a Half Marathon when he's old enough to understand!), and would love to be able to grab the stroller from my husband near the finish line and cross it with my son.
    But I would have to say my most favorite exercise is Ab/Core Punishment as I like to call it, I am slowly getting back to it. Before pregnancy I was doing 300 Bicycle Crunches (150 reps each side), 300 Leg Raised Crunches, 300 regular Crunches, 300 Crossover Crunches 3 nights a week and 2-3 minute Plank Positions every other day. I am trying hard but gradually to get back to that workout regimen.
  • AnHadley1987
    Options

How do you get the ticker on your signature?
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i also adore long & speedy walks with my daughter and husband. I love dancing too but can't seem to get into zumba for some reason. i just sort of dance around the house till i think a lung might come up
  • jenniet04
    Options

When you are on the boards there is a "Settings" option at the top of the thread. click on that and then there is a box to check to include it with your posts.
  • AnHadley1987
    Options

When you are on the boards there is a "Settings" option at the top of the thread. click on that and then there is a box to check to include it with your posts.

Awesome, thanks.
  • MoozMommy7575
    MoozMommy7575 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i love to dance, also i love love love to swim!! especially because i can also teach my son to swim he loves the water so i am extra excited for this summer!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love my Biggest loser videos, walking my dog, and doing the stationary bike - I can catch up on my shows or read.
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My body doesnt always sweat a lot but on the elliptical machine my sweat pours and it feels great!