Just getting started

Options
Hello Everyone! I just signed up for the website tonight. I am 29 years old and I currently weigh about 200 pounds. I was always very active and involved in sports, or at least until recently. I have some old injuries and other conditions that really flared up in 2008 and I gained 60+ pounds on pain management medications. But they were helping. In May of 2010 I found out I was pregnant. We were shocked and excited, and of course I stopped the meds. Due to injuries and other pregnancy related complications I spent 7 months on bed rest. Now, the baby is 15 months old and I still have all of this extra weight. I am still completely off of meds and I want it to stay that way. Alot of my friends are doing Insanity or P90x. I have decided to take on Insanity. Even if it kills me.

Does anyone use a calorie burner watch or pedometer or even a FitBit? I want to be able to see my numbers.

Thank you!

Replies

• jocamaria
    jocamaria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also just getting started. Monday will make one full week and I'm hoping for a weight loss. I currently weigh 149.2. I've been running for 3 months, but still finding it difficult to shed the weight. I'm hoping MFP will help me with my diet so that I can begin to see some weight loss. I'd love to check in regularly to see how you're doing and keep each other motivated.