need some women friends

Options
danabromley
danabromley Posts: 87 Member
I started exercizing on mon. of this week, with 0 weight loss. I'm really dicouraged I've watched everything I eat and walked hard 6 km a day. I don't get why nothing has changed. Should I keep it up or so something different. I just don't know what to do. Also I'm 47 and starting menepause I think.:cry:

Replies

• motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I find it more difficult to lose weight now, too. Peri-menopause wreaks havoc with our bodies. Keep doing what you're doing, track every morsel you eat or drink and continue exercising. I would also double check your sodium intake and drink lots of water. The only thing that has helped me now that I am in my late 40s is watching my salt and increasing my water. Good luck!
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana,

Yes, I have found it difficult to lose weight as I get older. Are you eating enought calories? If you are not eating enough calories, your body will store the fat. I am more that glad to offer support. Feel free to add me. Becca
  • miracle1018
    Options
    Welcome! I am also 47. I am very active; usually have Zumba, Soccer, Golf, Circuit training and Pickleball in my week. I found that I need to stay away from any kind of sugar and reduce starches. But most importantly (in my eyes) eat enough protein and fit resistance training in 3 times a week. This allows for my metabolism to be jump started because without the resistance training (weights, bands) I lose weight but also muscle. Good luck in your journey. Becky
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have had a total hysterectomy and have found it harder and slower to loose the weight, even when I am doing everything right. :grumble:
  • angelabelew
    angelabelew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My metabolism has always been slow. What helps me most is to eat 5 - 6 times a day. I never believed this eating routine, but I have found it is helping me.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My metabolism has always been slow. What helps me most is to eat 5 - 6 times a day. I never believed this eating routine, but I have found it is helping me.
    I just turned 41, this is what has helped me as well, eating small meals throughout the day, I find I have a ton more energy than if I were to eat 1, 2 or 3 times a day. Hopefully after a month of doing this my body will kick into overdrive and help speed things up a bit more.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • 7055LOVE
    7055LOVE Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My hardest time is after I get home...I go to the gym in the morning. I do good all day until I get home than I eat..I feet really bad afterwords but I still don't stop me any advice?
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    There are several things that we must always evaluate when hitting a plateau or difficult time losing weight. Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is very important, a lot of people don't realize that even on the show BL when they aren't eating or working out they are sleeping (taking naps even if needed). Are you lowering stress levels? Stress will reduce how rapidly you lose weight, eliminate stress, take yoga, meditate do something to relax. And then there is muscle gain. As you continue to workout you will have times when you are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. So aside from diet and exercise incorporate some of these healthy items as well.

Just don't give up!

www.bizeebec.com
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There are several things that we must always evaluate when hitting a plateau or difficult time losing weight. Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is very important, a lot of people don't realize that even on the show BL when they aren't eating or working out they are sleeping (taking naps even if needed). Are you lowering stress levels? Stress will reduce how rapidly you lose weight, eliminate stress, take yoga, meditate do something to relax. And then there is muscle gain. As you continue to workout you will have times when you are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. So aside from diet and exercise incorporate some of these healthy items as well.

I agree with this. I turned 44 this year, and all of a sudden my body needs extra attention! It feels like I never get enough sleep and I'm working on that. I make better food choices and feel stronger overall when I'm rested - and exercise is definitely easier when I'm not exhausted. I also seem to have less resistance to stress lately, and I'm not sure why that is. I have to make a conscious effort to be mindful and let go of things I can't control.

You'll reach your goals - we all will! We just have to adapt to our changing bodies as we go.
  • LifeinDC
    LifeinDC Posts: 34
    Options
    My hardest time is after I get home...I go to the gym in the morning. I do good all day until I get home than I eat..I feet really bad afterwords but I still don't stop me any advice?

I live on my own, so I have the advantage of keeping only "good" food in the house. But even so there's the temptation of cheese and crackers :blushing: . But I find I have to figure out straightforward healthy meals that I can prepare easily. And then I like a snack before bed, so I try to keep the calories for that. I don't menu plan but just try to keep the necessary ingredients for good dinners around. This includes a frozen meal as a back up (nobody tell me how horrible they are).
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the walking. Listen to your body. Try to do it an hour a day. Push yourself a little harder when your body feels like it. I started with walking. It's worth it.
  • minor2u
    minor2u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i've been told to increase water intake. that may help.
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about it being harder as you get older. I am going to be 46 this week, and I find it virtually impossible to lose weight anymore. However - I refuse to give up! I just started a spinning class last week which burns a TON of calories. Going to see if this helps. Added to Jillian Michaels DVD's, running, walking and weights it should jump start something. Good luck to you! Add me if you wish - we could all use the motivation!
  • onehotmama66
    Options
    I find that I am getting a belly roll around my middle? What the heck? I never had one before? I feel like now that I am 45 my whole body is betraying me!
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    It takes time, you can do this, never feel defeated. Think positivitely stress can have an negative impact on your weightloss. Add me if you want continual encouragement, kudos and suggestions.

www.bizeebec.com
  • DeborahWS
    DeborahWS Posts: 2
    Options
    I am almost 47 and in the same situation as you are. I just joined my fitness pal today. I am hoping to lose 50 pounds. I am also looking for some women friends for encouragement and support so if you would like to be friends let me know. Good luck in your weight loss goals. Have a blessed day. Deborah
  • nfroff
    nfroff Posts: 24
    Options
    When you start doing something new it can take your body 3 weeks or more for it to know what's going on with it. Don't get too discouraged...keep it up and you will see a difference
  • Runner50266
    Options
    :smile: I'm looking for friends my age too! Every pound I lose I EARN IT. I will never and I mean NEVER gain them back. I have to work out 6 days a week to lose 1-2 pounds. The water is critical I totally agree with anyone who says that. When you exercise you create metabolic waste which you have to flush out with water. If I don't hydrate myself I don't lose. Period. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Auy_Wil
    Auy_Wil Posts: 8
    Options
    Please don't give up. I'm 47 also, and sometimes it takes a little bit more time for us to notice changes. I have sent a friend request to you, so that if you would like to, we can encourage each other in our weight loss journey. I think it's great that you've lost 12 lbs! You've done very well. I am looking forward to being able to report a loss of pounds.
    Because the weight might not adjust as quickly as it used to (ah the wonderful days of youth), I am going to do my measurements tonight. A lot of times, I seem to notice the inches before I notice the weight.
    Hang in there!
    Auy_Wil