Post your NSVs (Non Scale Victories!)

Options
Let start our own NSV list for us 40 somethings.

Mine: Today I went for a two bike ride and felt great the whole time. My spin instructor has been telling me that I would feel good when I used my bike on the road, but I kept thinking of last fall when I didn't feel strong cycling. This bike ride showed me she was right. And I hope regularly riding on the weekends will help me get closer to my fitness goals overall!

Replies

• seguess
    seguess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went for a 3-hour bike ride with my husband today. He was ready to crap out after 2 hours, but I could have gone for 3 more! He's tall and thin and doesn't worry about his weight or work out (he thinks yard work is enough). I must admit, I smirked a little when he was complaining about how tired his legs were when I felt great. :happy:
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can fit into two close fitting summer dresses that I made ten years ago!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. Went shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding this upcoming weekend - and found one that fit AND looks good

2. Went back to my old gym and they still have all the old fitness info saved into the system (they use Fitlinxx) - I could lift more NOW than I could when I quit going way back then.....really enjoying this getting back to the gym thing!
  • Bizeebec150
    Bizeebec150 Posts: 88
    Options
    The skirt I have on today used to fit snug, it doesn't have any give in the material / but today it is flowing free
  • jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is small.... I just went down and worked out for 60 minutes even though I have a sore throat and it is Saturday night and I (kind of) enjoyed it... I know I have come a long way since January, even if my fitness is nowhere near what it should be. :-)
  • seguess
    seguess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • ritzema5
    ritzema5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of them that I noticed just this week. I was actually able to dig up all 8 of my garden boxes (each is 4'x12') all by myself. Last year I had my kids do it all because there was no way I was able to. Then, once they were dug up, I kept right on working and got them all planted, too.

Also, the jeans I have on right now have been my favorite since I bought them in February. Why are they my favorite? Because they were the first non-plus size clothing I bought in several years. I put them on today and realized that they are now too big. Time to go shopping again :-)

And then, as I was looking in our bathroom mirror, I noticed something really strange (to me, at least). It think it's called muscle definition. Who would've thought I could ever have muscles? :-)
  • LifeinDC
    LifeinDC Posts: 34
    Options
    I was at my gym class and the spin instructor did not show up. Though I was older by 20 years (my guess) than the other people in the room, I led the class to random Ipod music and gave everyone a great workout, including me. And everyone said thank you since it meant they didn't waste their trip to the gym. A friend said afterward I should become a spin instructor and maybe I will.
  • lisakammwang
    lisakammwang Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Can almost fit into the dress I wore for my graduation from graduate school 6 years ago.
    2. I don't look half bad in a two piece swim suit!!!
    3. Chaperoned my daughter's eight grade graduation dance on Friday night and some of her friends told me I "look taller" after losing weight.
  • DesperateDen
    Options
    I am hoping my NSV leads on to a SV. Today I am going to track my calories for the first time on MFP.
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine is small.... I just went down and worked out for 60 minutes even though I have a sore throat and it is Saturday night and I (kind of) enjoyed it... I know I have come a long way since January, even if my fitness is nowhere near what it should be. :-)
    That's more like a HUGE NSV!! Great job. We gotta start somewhere and you're making lifelong habit changes. HIgh FIVE!
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    Went to the gym last night and was able to decrease my weight resistance on the pull-up machine by 10 lbs! From 115 to 105! This means I am using more of my own body weight to pull myself up!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I put my jeans on today, right out of the dryer, and they weren't tight! Very small victory, but made me smile :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym last night and was able to decrease my weight resistance on the pull-up machine by 10 lbs! From 115 to 105! This means I am using more of my own body weight to pull myself up!
    Thats awesome! Those things are a booger for sure, its my nemisis, I have NO upper body strength, or lower either but thats another post.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I love hearing success stories. Also, I see NSV all the time and understood the concept, but never knew exactly what it stood for. I GET IT NOW. Tks.
  • angelialouise
    angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i bought a two piece bathing suit and when i tried it on....i didnt cringe, thats awesome!
  • cycling2
    cycling2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today for the first time since learning to swim 5 years ago, I managed to swim 1.5km in one session. It took me one hour to do this. One day I hope to swim 1.6km (1 mile) in one hour :)
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been getting up everyday at 4:30a.m to use the gym at work for 45-60 minutes daily for the past two weeks...feels great knowing that I have my workout in before my day really starts. No more excuses that I have too much going on after work to get in a workout...anything I do in the evening is a bonus! Woot, Woot!!
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was working out with my trainer (due to heath issues I needed guidance) and she had my sit on the floor with my legs straight out and told me to touch my toes. I looked at my ankles and started laughing... I have not had ankles in years they were always swollen and fat.. I could see bone and I touched my toes too. I felt silly but oh so happy.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i can run 4 miles. My doctor couldn't hear my heart murmer the last 2 visits. Does this mean it's getting better? Or he just can't find it? I don't know, but I'd like to think it means things are ticking along stronger and better than before.