Are we not men?!

Options
I'm posting this to remind myself, and a few others of us that we don't have the same goals and abilities as these punk *kitten* kids. Comparing myself to a girl half my age and size isn't going to work for me, or frankly for her. I'm 365 pounds and 44 years old. I have tons of behaviors programmed into me, I'm not going to change some of them, I frankly can't. Under 300 isn't going to happen for months, goal weight, years. I earned these pounds and I'd be a lying *kitten* if I didn't admit I didn't enjoy gaining a lot of them.

There is good news though. At our age the perception of time goes quicker. 100 days into this is like nothing for me. You tell one of the 20 year olds on here that they won't see real results for 100 days and they will cry. ( http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201004/why-time-goes-faster-you-get-older ) A little quirk of human perception is in our benefit for once.

Replies

• jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well put, Howie. Though I differ a bit on whether or not we can change habits. I absolutely agree that the 20 somethings can get annoying sometimes and come off as a bit whiny. However, I think us older, more mature men can help the young ones grow up a bit.

Thanks for the post.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I'm posting this to remind myself, and a few others of us that we don't have the same goals and abilities as these punk *kitten* kids. Comparing myself to a girl half my age and size isn't going to work for me, or frankly for her. I'm 365 pounds and 44 years old. I have tons of behaviors programmed into me, I'm not going to change some of them, I frankly can't. Under 300 isn't going to happen for months, goal weight, years. I earned these pounds and I'd be a lying *kitten* if I didn't admit I didn't enjoy gaining a lot of them.

There is good news though. At our age the perception of time goes quicker. 100 days into this is like nothing for me. You tell one of the 20 year olds on here that they won't see real results for 100 days and they will cry. ( http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201004/why-time-goes-faster-you-get-older ) A little quirk of human perception is in our benefit for once.

Amen Brother, well put
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Dammit! I want to lose it NOW! ;)

Well said Howie. Patience is still a *****. I don't care how old I get!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Well put. Another month lost in replying!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I hear ya bro!
    I used to gain a few pounds and lose them like it was nothing. Now I'm going "what the hell happened to me" and coming to the sad realization that I ain't as young as I used to be.
  • reviewboy
    reviewboy Posts: 13
    Options
    Well put!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Age and treachery trumps youth and exuberance every time!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Age and treachery trumps youth and exuberance every time!

Words to live by!
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bah and most of us are already married... nobody to impress so we might as well do it for our own benefit ;)