insanity nutrition settings

Options
amoeni1
amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
Hi fellow insanity friends!

I was just curious, I have been messing with my settings a lot lately and can't decide what to set my goal calories to be. I have it set for my BMR (1405) right now and then add in my exercise (insanity and sometimes another exercise also, depending on the day), which gives me 1700-2000 calories depending on my exercise that day. I had it set at the 1900+ that the insanity elite booklet says but then if I decide to log exercise (and it's kind of motivating to add that now tht I have a HRM) it makes all the numbers harder to understand (because they want you to eat the exercise calories which I woudln't need to do). Just trying to see what others were doing and how I should set it up so I can make sure I am getting the right amount of calories in and seeing the correct nutrient values. Thanks!

Keep digging deep :)

Replies

• keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey. I don't know the right answer but I personally put mine to the calorie amount I got from the insanity nutrition guide and try to eat 40 40 20 as much as I can. I dont track exercise just because I dont have a heart rate monitor and I think the amounts on here seem high. I think your body will tell you if your eating to much or little although my body loves chocolate lol so it tells me to eat it hahaha. I'm starting round 2 of insanity officially next week and my goal is to eat as much from the nutrition guide strictly as possible with a few adjustments. How have your results been? I would judge your nutriton by that as well. Anyway just wanted to throw my thoughts in and good luck!!!!
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I guess my second question is do you eat the same value on your "rest day" as you do on your "insanity days". I have set my value at 1400 now and add exercise/eat it back but I am thinking of swtiching to my insanity guide number 1898 and not logging exercise just posting it but that will only work if I'm sopposed to eat about the same amount each day. It seems thats how the guide is set up but it never really comes out and says "eat this every day or eat this every day you do the workout" so I wasn't sure.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes eat the same even on the rest day :)