Calorie allowance no longer working to drop weight...,.

OK, so I have been on 1200 calories for a while now and managed to drop quite a bit but it no longer seems to be woeking.

Feel hungry on 1200 so going lower is not an otion. Eating more and exercising it off agan not an option as have to take it easy for the next few months post quite major surgery....

Stuck? Or anyone has some ideas?

Replies

• clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Could you not up it to 1300, see what happens? x
  • Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Ermm I know what will happen - I will put it all back n LOL
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    What is your diet like?

It probably needs improving... try cutting out processed food such as bread, pasta, cereal, biscuits and limit fruit etc. and increase your protein intake and drop carbs to compensate for this... you will then lose weight whether you stick as 1200 or go a little higher.

Without being able to see your food diary it's hard to say why you aren't losing on 1200.
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Your body has gotten used to eating that amount, I would up to 1300 and then cycle them over the week, so 1200 one day, 1400 another etc... Your body needs to be jump started. Try it!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    yeah you need to eat more. Check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. It makes sense honest. If you are eating less than your BMR, your weight is going nowhere.
  • Anna_43
    Thanks..

I do not eat bread potatoes rice biscuits or any processed food/ready meals at all, very little pasta or cous cous.

I guess possibly I just got used to those 1200 cal....

Where is the eat more weight less group pls? Any chance for a link?

Thanks a lot
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    yeah you need to eat more. Check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. It makes sense honest. If you are eating less than your BMR, your weight is going nowhere.

^^^ This :smile:

Cant put links in but search the groups Eat more 2 weigh less.... Lovely girls
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 336 Member
    I agree join the Eat more to Weight Less group, it's awesome. 1200 cals is not enough for your body to survive properly and that way of eating will most likely make you gain. Your body will store the food you eat as your not fueling it properly. The group is great, so many people on there are losing weight and you can too =]
  • Anna_43
    Thanks a lot, will have a look there :)