jogging stroller

Options
LLCoolBean
LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
Who all has one of these and how old was your baby before you could jog with him/her?

Replies

• KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Bought a mountain buggy when my eldest was born and ran with it... twice. Hubby fared better, he ran with it three times :D

I find as they get older they don't enjoy it as much because it can get quite bumpy, but when really young it's an excellent way to keep them asleep, but I ended up doing fast walks as opposed to a jog.

Hope that helps!
    KWKY
  • runningmamaof2
    Options
    I have a jogging stroller that I started using when my daughter was 1, she's now 4.5 years old. I bought a double jogging stroller after I found out I was pregnant and have used that with my daughter and plan to use it with my 6-week old. My daughter loves being in the stroller and we have done several 5k's in it. The longest run she will sit for is about 6 miles.
  • airhead681
    airhead681 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the Graco signature series and it has shock absorbers to help with the baby being knocked around too much. Its also very easy on mama and moves pretty quick, it is big so you may need a jumbo trunk or i have an suv. hope this helps :)
  • ChelseyDesaray
    ChelseyDesaray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my daughter used our jogging stroller at about 3 months. She had a pretty strong neck and then i would just make sure to add extra support with blankets incase she fell asleep!
  • chamcmillan
    chamcmillan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are they expensive?
  • cdirig
    cdirig Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a BOB jogging stroller with a car seat insert that I used with my 6 week old on a smooth surface. I had read that a baby should be 6 months old before using a jogger, but my pediatrician said that if I use a car seat adapter it will provide enough head/neck support for the baby. So it's basically the car seat in a jogging stroller, and I always run on smooth surfaces (paved bike paths).
  • AnHadley1987
    AnHadley1987 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a Baby Trend Expedition ELX, been using it since my son was 2 weeks old but mainly use it for walks. I have a head and neck support system in the infant carseat, but my son has extremely strong neck muscles already, he'll be 2 months old this Wednesday.