Weekend Tempations.

Options
jewlz2133
jewlz2133 Posts: 2 Member
This weekend has been a struggle for me, with bridal showers and birthday parties, the ever present cake and hot dogs were everywhere!! But for a crazy weekend I think I did pretty well. On Satirday I skipped the croissant sandwiches and macaroni salad and opted for sliced turkey and tomatoes and fruit. But I caved and had a piece of cake. I stayed under my 1200 calories for that day, but eating that cake through the easiness of my self-control out the window! The next day I had huge internal struggles at the b-day party. I did succeed and avoided the hot dogs and cake, and chose watermelon and turkey chili. I've been on this site and counting my calories for almost 3 weeks and have lost 7 pounds, but for some reason in my head I'm thinking my weight should be falling off super fast and everyone noticing! I need to calm down and realize it took years to put this weight on and it is going to be a while to keep it off!! Any encouragement is welcome!!

Replies

• PamelaWba
    PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you!. The hard part sometime is to keep going even on the week you don't see results. On day that i step on the scale an see no pound lost i know it could be because i gained muscles that week and i think about at least i didn't gain. I brush it off and try to do better the next week and usually i see result. So no matter what happens keep making healthier choices:) and drink lots of water. And never give up and you will be so proud of yourself when your goal is reached:). One of my MFP friend have lost 119 pound so i know that this website does wonders:).
  • wsbri4
    wsbri4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst. I try but then temptation gets in the way. Will just have to do better, drink more water, and brush it off and do better next time. Just stuck right now and need a little jump start!!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so very hard. Hard to drink as much water, hard to eat every 3 hours, etc. They kill me!!!!

You didn't do too bad. You made good choices. Don't let the cake dictate how you are going to do later. You ate one piece, not the whole cake. For me, that would be a major accomplishment!
  • jewlz2133
    jewlz2133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!! I so needed to hear this!!!
  • agregg145
    agregg145 Posts: 2
    Options
    hELLO, i AM A MOM OF FIVE AND i AM 174 AND 5'4

i WANT TO GET DOWN TO 135 SO PPL PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE.

i DO 1200 CALS A DAY AND NOW GO TO THE GYM!!!

w-174

gw-135

i NEED SO FRIENDS ON HERE

aNGEL
  • Brendawalsh84
    Options
    Weekends are definitely the hardest for me. But I feel if I focus on one healthy thing for the weekend I am a lot less likely to fail. Doing everything right seems overwhelming. My goal is that week after week I'll develop some healthy habits and it will all add up. Weekends are hard but you can do it!!
  • brutalrage
    brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Weekend tempations are always hard specially when Saturday is my weekly gaming day with the guys and we always order food in. I also have a hard time taking in enough water to stay hydrated throughout the day on the weekend.

It is strange it is easier to stay on a diet while I am at work than when I am at home/weekends doing usual home things.
  • Destinie589
    Destinie589 Posts: 211
    Options
    Weekends are SUPER hard for me. You did better than I usually do.