Any Trans people here?

Options
Hey, so I only know three people besides me on here that are on the Trans spectrum... I would love to meet some more!

Replies

• miacoffeesnow
    Options
    I guess you mean me? Would love to meet some more though! Even if you are stealth....
  • celtictechie
    Options
    Masculine GenderQueer here. Could really use some Trans* support actually. Looking to build a more masculine appearance.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Although I often refer to my partnet on here as "my wife" she does consider herself to be trans to the world outside of our marriage. If any of you need support, I am here!
  • SanrioBoi
    SanrioBoi Posts: 5
    Options
    Out and proud Transguy here!
  • chloe42
    chloe42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Approaching full time currently, partially closeted still, I haven't told my parents or job yet. Though everyone else knows.
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Genderqueer nontransitioning here.
  • ThomasT79
    ThomasT79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I identify as genderqueer transmasculine. Happy to meet other queer and trans folk on here!
  • njcre8ive
    njcre8ive Posts: 6
    Options
    Transguy here too
  • Y2Kam
    Y2Kam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    completely out trans guy here. always open for new trans* friends. Say hi :)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Genderqueer androgyne. I often don't quite feel like that 'counts' as trans, but I seem to identify with transpeople the closest.

Nice to know there are others, because I don't think most people really understand there are different issues to consider when managing weight as a transperson.
  • celtictechie
    Options
    If you identify as trans* based on this identity, it "counts" and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

(I'm a huge supporter of ending the trans-enough idea that floats around the community. Transgender is an umbrella for people who feel they are somewhere different on or outside of the gender binary!)

But I identify very similarly and see where you are coming from. It's nice having this thread to meet people who understand that those of us who are trans* have different needs for weight loss. I myself need to find a way to build a more masculine upper body without taking hormones (I don't have any desire to physically transition at this point)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I often hesitate to join any trans-centered communities online because of that sentiment. Kind of sad when people who are generally outcast from society do the same to people in their own circles. :\

A lot of the forum posts I see are all about keeping curvy figures and crying about losing breasts as weight is lost, and all I want is to get rid of that! Hahaha. I also have no desire to take hormones, so I'm not hoping for miracles. But improvement would be great. •w•
  • celtictechie
    Options
    I know the feeling. I usually don't join online forums unless they specify that Genderqueer individuals are welcome. There are a few FTM groups on YouTube and such that have been very supportive of me, but those were like luck of the draw.

It's just... ironic the way people are afraid of the "side effects" of weight loss that I basically cheer over. My chest was the first area to start losing weight and I almost danced in happiness over that. Best thing I found for losing chest was doing even amount of lifting on a lateral fly/rear deltoid machine. The chest exercises can puff up your chest a bit, but if you even it out with back exercises it pulls the fatty tissues away (and then your back looks kick @$$ too :P )
  • AFreeheart
    AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start a genderqueer and trans group on myfitnesspal. Please let me know i you'd be interested in participating in that.

I'm an androgynous, genderqueer transman. I transitioned in the early 1990s when the "you have to meet these criteria to be trans'' attitudes were even crazier than they are now.

I'd also like more mfp friends.
  • celtictechie
    Options
    Would love a group like that!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    im intersexed corrected at birth so to speak. do i count.
  • AFreeheart
    AFreeheart Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    im intersexed corrected at birth so to speak. do i count.

You count if you want to count! (self-identification is the most important ''requirement."
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I'd like to start a genderqueer and trans group on myfitnesspal. Please let me know i you'd be interested in participating in that.

I'm an androgynous, genderqueer transman. I transitioned in the early 1990s when the "you have to meet these criteria to be trans'' attitudes were even crazier than they are now.

I'd also like more mfp friends.

You are welcome here if you're lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, questioning, intersex, asexual, pansexual, queer, gender queer, gender neutral, gender variant, polyamorous, closeted, out, androgynous, straight ally, friend/supporter of the community, undefined, supportive parent/guardian/family of LGBT+ persons, or if you simply don't fit a label, don't like labels, or you're just interested in learning about the community.

I hope that the trans* community here in LGBT+ doesn't feel unwelcome. Almost everyone is welcome here. :flowerforyou: