SO I am a Oct 2012 BRIDE

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow October brides!! I just joined the group today!

I am getting married October 13th at an Armory Museum in Worcester, MA. I am hoping to get down to 200 lbs by my wedding date, so I've got 42 lbs to lose. I'm currently struggling with gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again the past 2 months and can't seem to break the plateau. I just started Insanity 2 days ago so hopefully this will help me immensely!

Congrats to you all on your engagements and up-coming weddings!!

I hear you. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds too. I am so done with that! A wedding at the Armory Museum sounds amazing. Where will your reception be?
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    October 7th bride here! I am just now getting excited because its only 4 months away! I love finding ways to do things cheaper, get want I want but cheaper LOL I need hair ideas and flower girl dress ideas. I have almost all the big stuff set, its all the little details now :bigsmile: ADD ME
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow October brides!! I just joined the group today!

I am getting married October 13th at an Armory Museum in Worcester, MA. I am hoping to get down to 200 lbs by my wedding date, so I've got 42 lbs to lose. I'm currently struggling with gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over again the past 2 months and can't seem to break the plateau. I just started Insanity 2 days ago so hopefully this will help me immensely!

Congrats to you all on your engagements and up-coming weddings!!

I hear you. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds too. I am so done with that! A wedding at the Armory Museum sounds amazing. Where will your reception be?

The reception will be in the same place. We have the entire museum rented from 4pm to 10pm. :smile:
  • jillybelle_66
    Options
    I'm a November bride, but this thread seems to be one of the more active ones, so I hope that I can play too!

I'm getting married November 10th at the Commanders Mansion in Massachusetts. I am absolutely in love with my venue, I can't wait! http://www.commandersmansion.com/

I've been talking about getting in shape for the past 4 years! The good: this past November, I finally did something about it, and with counting calories, I lost 14 pounds (over Christmas!). The bad: I've pretty much plateaued ever since, gaining and losing the same 4 pounds and struggling with will power and motivation. It seems like for every good day that I have, I follow it with a cheat day.
    I'm hoping to change that now- this past Sunday was the 5-month mark to my wedding and I had a bit of a freak out about it. When I ordered my dress, I was between 2 sizes, and as stupid as it sounds now, I ordered the smaller size. I keep remembering the way the sales woman said "you are 10lbs away from the size 10", and I'm trying to make that my mantra.
  • mfoutch86
    mfoutch86 Posts: 87
    Options
    HI!

I'm new here, just signed up yesterday. I am getting married on Oct. 13th in Poulsbo, Washington. Our venue is a 100 yr old restored farm house with several barns and they are full of vintage treasures, antiques and super old WORKING pin ball machines. I'm one of those type A people, so almost all of the planning was done with in 2 weeks of getting engaged (he popped the question on New Years) I'm thrilled that we have most of the details planned out, just little stuff left like picking out ceremony readings.

If only losing weight was as easy for me as wedding planning! I'm frustrated and I just don't get it. I have never had this much trouble losing weight. I've always been in a healthy weight range, and been able to slim down as needed (like being a bridesmaid twice last year) but now that I'm the bride, the lbs won't move! I don't know if its because I am older now (just turned 26) or what. I work out usually 5 days a week, and I eat pretty healthy by my standards. For me, healthy means eatting all natural foods, I make almost everything from scratch, but that includes real butter, cream, ect. along with whole grains, fruits, veg and lean protein.

I'm 5'3 & 1/2! And my current weight is 127.8. For my wedding I would like to get down to 115, but knowing I can't maintain that, and I would like to settle between 120-125. I joined MFP in hopes of reaching my goals, and taking a hard look at my eatting habbits to see if I am missing something. Deep down I would say I'm probably just eatting too much. I love to cook, and probably have to many "tastes" as I'm cooking/baking.

Hope we can all reach our big day goals, I don't want to look back at my wedding pictures and feel like I let myself down :(