Week 2 Challenges

Options
captainlindarg
captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
I've decided to start threads for the challenges, and I'll post new ones every week with a sticky so you know which one we're on.

Okay, so here's a few ideas of ways to challenge yourself for week 2 and help you along with your weight loss goals!

Jumping jacks! - It only takes a couple minutes to do a set of 100 jumping jacks. How many can you do in a week? See if you can beat your record by the end of the week!
Fiber - Try to eat the suggested value of fiber every day. This should help keep you full and *ahem* "regular". If you don't know how much fiber to eat in a day, according to a formula from the Institute of Medicine, you should eat about 14 grams per 1000 calories.

Here is a link to a list of high fiber foods to help you along with this challenge: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

Good luck!

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    To see your Fiber intake goal on your diary, follow these steps:

Go to Settings > Diary Settings > under your macros (Carbs, Protein and Fat) you'll see a couple more drop down menu boxes. You can find and select Fiber in one of these and then click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Please Note** Your fiber goal will increase as you exercise.
  • lindar11201
    lindar11201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sherri!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I can do this! It's a fun challenge, too. Well, not the fiber, but the jumping jacks are.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    am I the only one that HATES jumping jacks because everything smacks me in the face? lol I can't seem to strap my bewbs down enough to keep em from trying to break my face! But I love a good challenge so I am gonna give it a try this week. I can do anything for a week lol
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    am I the only one that HATES jumping jacks because everything smacks me in the face? lol I can't seem to strap my bewbs down enough to keep em from trying to break my face! But I love a good challenge so I am gonna give it a try this week. I can do anything for a week lol

jumping jacks gives me a headache really, truely a headache. But I will try to get some in. Any will be more then normal.
  • amandacw3
    amandacw3 Posts: 7
    Options

Had the same problem then I purchased Nike sports bras a size smaller than suggested and it helped quite a bit... sometimes I'll even wear two :)