when did this start?

Options
is there a plan that everybody tries to follow?

Replies

• PamelaWba
    PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It started yesterday. No basically work out at least "4 days a week" and don't go over your calorie goal, and we will weigh in every week to see who lost the most weight.
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Really, four hours everyday? I am doing my best to find 30 mins. Ugh, I am going to need alot of help.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Working out for 4 hours a DAY? Did you mean a week? Not many of us have that kind of time or our bodies aren't ready for that. I'm getting 40 to 45 minutes of cardio 6 days a week, burning close to 500 calories each time, and sticking as close as possible to my calorie allotment.
  • PamelaWba
    Options
    Noooo i meant 4 days a WEEK lol.
  • PamelaWba
    Options
    I can't do 4 hour a day either:). I don't have time and plus my body can't take it. I meant 4 days a week
  • shea14shea
    shea14shea Posts: 18
    Options
    I am doing 4-5 days a week. I am trying to do 10-15 minutes on the treadmill, high intensity (for me anyway), 5 minutes of stair steps (am already seeing improvements in my buns) and I do a different fitness challenge each week. So far I have done the butt challenge http://skinnyms.com/glute-butt-bootie-challenge/ the arm challenge http://skinnyms.com/summer-arms-challenge/ and I just finished the thigh challenge http://toneitup.com/blog.php?Tone-up-your-Thighs-New-workout-video-5504. Next I'm going to move on to something for my abs. I like them because they are quick, it's different each week, I can add the exercises I liked the best to my regular workout, and I am jump starting my different muscle groups. All together it's only about 30 minutes a day.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad that you aren't asking us to do 4 hours a DAY!! Whew!! Ok. So, 4 days a week is definitely doable!

Last week I got in 6 days of cardio. I've already done 3 days this week, and did 50 minutes on the elliptical machine today. I keep upping things every few weeks, either the time or the difficulty level, and change the program I use on the elliptical each week. I like to keep my body guessing so it won't get used to what I'm doing.
  • shea14shea
    Options
    50 minutes on the elliptical? Go you! That's great!
  • PamelaWba
    Options
    Actually switching thing up sounds really great? I usually use the same machines at the gymelliptical then ab coaster. But starting today a will switch things up a bit:)
  • shea14shea
    Options
    I wish my gym had ab machines! For an apartment gym it's really good, but it's still an apartment gym. That reminds me, when I used to go the YMCA they had rowing classes with machines that used water resistance. That was by far the best full body workout I ever had. If anyone is lucky enough to belong somewhere with those, try it! Your whole body will hurt the next day, but it is so worth it!