Restriction

Options
JediSwan
JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
So last night I had my first grilled chicken since having a fill last week . . it did NOT go well. I still feel somewhat
weird this morning. I was able to get my protein drink down and some coffee but otherwise, I'm afraid to eat my
salad for lunch. I remember having this issue before and I hate the thought of having to go back in to have the 0.25
take out that I just had put in! I suppose I could live off soup but does anyone have any suggestions?

My band has been different since having my last daughter. Its hard to explain how but it has. Nothing like pain or
anything to be concerned with, just different.

Replies

• TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Chicken and I are rarely friends. Typically it gets stuck every time. As long as you can get liquids down I would give it a few days and see if it settles down. I try to drink something hot/warm about 30 minutes before I eat. Sometimes that will loosen the band a little. If not, it may need to be adjusted a little. Good luck and let us know.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Last night I tried again and it worked much better. I am good with the amount of restriction I have just some foods are hell.
    Bread for instance . . . oh how I will miss thee. And some pastas . . . believe it or not I have a really hard time with wheat but
    not white. And I hate white pasta and we only buy wheat so its kind of hard. :(
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I also have problems with some of the same foods as you do. Wheat pasta is out of my diet. Chicken and pork do not go well either. I actually get pains in my chest after eating them, though I can eat a bit of chicken salad. I think the mayo helps. I don't eat bread except on the rare occasion that there is a real crusty bread. Then I only eat the crust.:bigsmile: I really don't miss the bread. I do very well with salad and most sea foods.

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i had a stuck episode last night and felt swelling after that, still feel swollen a bit, so im sitting on liquids... that is per reccomendation of my DR.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Yikes! Hope that feeling goes away soon.

There were a few times when I got too much of a fill at once and tried to drink milk the next morning and it came back up cold!!!

I am hoping that turkey burger goes down good tonight. I had an interesting morning with some eggs and toast and always have to have some kind of mayo or a little something to help the bread go down easier. That somehow seems wrong to me so I stay away as much as possible.

I just want to get back down to where I was before I had my youngest (one year ago today actually). I was only 20 lbs away from my final goal when I got pregnant.
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I NOTICED THIS FILL I HAD TO WAIT 48 HOURS...I COULD TELL B/C I COULDN'T DRINK FAST AT ALL! BUT, IT HAS GOT BETTER!! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH AS I CONTINUE ON THIS PROCESS!!
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT..I'M LOOKING FOWARD TO THESES MOMENTS! I KNOW I SOUND CRAZY! BUT I'M READY FOR THIS TOOL TO DO ITS JOB!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    How long have you had yours? I have had mine for three years and I was fit and healthier before my last pregnancy last year.
    Now its kind of like starting over. You will have frustrations but when you get to the result you want, nothing else will matter. :)
    You can add me if you like :)
  • jewels68
    jewels68 Posts: 89
    Options
    After a fill I stick to soft foods for 24 hours. Then back to normal. But chew chew chew
  • jewels68
    jewels68 Posts: 89
    Options
    Remember its only a tool. You have a make the life style change. I did great the first two years. This year I have been up and down 15 pounds.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Oh I know what would happen if I didn't chew, chew, chew. I do my best to eat what I am suppose to and what's good for me.
    Granted I fall off the wagon here or there but I'm trying and that's what matters.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    I wish I had my band tighten to the fulest it can and honestly just like ya'll chicken or any meat if too dry is s problem but other than that maybe bread every once and will but no longer feeling the restrictin. Kind sucks..But I am trying to make it better I do 2 shakes a day, 2 -3 small snacks and a sensible dinner. Finally getting back to working out but I tell you the weekends kill me...hard to stay at point.

Best of luck :)
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of like you - I'm 6 weeks post-op and have had one fill - I guess I want the weight loss to come back like I had in the very beginning - I guess patience isn't my fortay!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just had my 2nd fill and it is starting to work for me. After the surgery and after the 1st fill, the restriction lasted awhile but not permanently. When I told my surgeon I was able (sadly) to eat an entire half pound hamburger and fries, with no vomiting or other problems, he promptly gave me the 2nd fill and it seems to be working now. I have to concentrate to eat or it will get stuck.
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Regarding wheat bread, I find that the kind which has nuts and seeds in it goes down easier than the kind that is more uniform. Maybe because it breaks up a little easier.
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    got a miserable fill yesterday i have now 1.5cc in my band!! but my band was empty !! so tortureous to be on liquids again! i hope these 2days pass fairly quickly! we kinda forget how it was in post op! has anyone seen a difference with this little amount of cc?
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm really worried after reading all these posts about getting a fill. I had my band done on 6/15, and am going in around 8/6 for a fill. I've been losing about 2 lbs/week, eating about 1300 cals a day. I've had a few issues with things going down (and a few coming back up), but I'm wondering if I should even get a fill seeing I'm losing probably the recommended amount. Is anyone else in the same boat?